DCIM deleted by mistake

TITAN2023

Jul 29, 2023
Visit site
Hello, on my Galaxy S20/Andrïd, due to a mistake made from the Smartswitch app on my PC, I deleted the DCIM/Photos subdirectory.
So of course, nothing in the recycle bin, and (another error...) I have no backup and no sync... So I find myself crying over 3 years of lost photos and videos, without hope? (mea culpa, too negligent, I know...).
I tested different applications found on the net (iSeeker, ultdata, recoverit, ...), but all of them only recover photos from WhatsApp discussions and other thumbnails, nothing of my own photos.
I even thought about switching to Root mode (an app suggests I do it to search better), but I couldn't find an easy way. Anyway, I've been going around in circles for 2 days...
Is all hope lost?
Any suggestions welcome...

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
The more you use the phone the more you over write the data the harder it becomes to retrieve the photos.
Now the question you must ask yourself is, how badly do I want this data back? If very much so, consider a professional data recovery service. If not keep trying.

TITAN2023

Jul 29, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for your answer. I try not to take any picture or use Whatsapp but not sure it will be enough to keep the memory as is... Is there any real professional data recovery service that can help, really ?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Definitely, but you'll pay dearly for it. Last time I checked for a reputable company, it was upward of $100/MB.
And then there is no guarantee that they'll be able to recreate everything.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can't help in your current situation your in but in the future make multiple backups to avoid having this problem especially sensitive data to you .

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000