Dead Optimus

Bendro

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED (Read my last post)

So I managed to root my LG Optimus S without any issue whatsoever.
I then made a backup of my current rom using Rom Manager.
I proceeded to flash the device and upon reboot it gets to the locked screen with the correct date and incorrect time. The screen does not respond to touch.

I've tried recovery mode and every time I power the device it either stalls at the android logo or on the locked screen.

So now I call upon you, sages of the android realm, can anything be done to fix this?

EDIT** just noticed I probably posted this in the wrong forum. Please spare my life mods.

EDIT II**So yeah, just read the bit about Rom Manager. Cool stuff. Delete this thread please.

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by this: " I proceeded to flash the device"?
You should not get a lock screen when trying to boot recovery. Are you sure that the custom recovery was installed?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by this: " I proceeded to flash the device"?
You should not get a lock screen when trying to boot recovery. Are you sure that the custom recovery was installed?

He says the lock screen happens on "boot." Can you factory reset from recovery?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So I managed to root my LG Optimus S without any issue whatsoever.
I then made a backup of my current rom using Rom Manager.
I proceeded to flash the device and upon reboot it gets to the locked screen with the correct date and incorrect time. The screen does not respond to touch.

I've tried recovery mode and every time I power the device it either stalls at the android logo or on the locked screen.

So now I call upon you, sages of the android realm, can anything be done to fix this?

EDIT** just noticed I probably posted this in the wrong forum. Please spare my life mods.

EDIT II**So yeah, just read the bit about Rom Manager. Cool stuff. Delete this thread please.
I hope you don't plan to use rom manager on optimus s.
He says the lock screen happens on "boot." Can you factory reset from recovery?
read it again. He said when he tries to boot into recovery he gets stuck at android logo or lock screen.

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
ROM Manager should be made unavailable from the market on the Optimus S or at least a warning from the developer regarding this device.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
He said reboot. He does also mention that at recovery. My goal, come back from school and he is fixed up by you talented AC crew! Take care. Figured recovery is broken but phone boots. Seems fixable.

Reactions: Bendro

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Good old rom manager!

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Bendro

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
He said reboot. He does also mention that at recovery. My goal, come back from school and he is fixed up by you talented AC crew! Take care. Figured recovery is broken but phone boots. Seems fixable.

Yeah to clear things up a bit for everyone, it gets to the main screen you would see when trying to unlock your phone (i.e. time, date, notification bar up top shows usb mode etc.)

Seriously I had no clue ROM Manager would do this until it was too late. Trying to get into E-Mode/Recovery mode has not worked yet.

Also, I believe I am reading the correct way to get into recovery/e-mode, seems like each site i see has a different method.. it wont boot when I do this, just hangs at a black screen. I know the phone is on because the keys light up and the screen is on, just black.

ISSUE RESOLVED!!

To resolve this issue I followed:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/59781-un-brick-method-some-forms-brick.html

However! I had to make a few changes, the .cab link was broken, so I backed up a few 'folders' in the URL and found:
http://files.persona.cc/zefie/files/cell/LGLS670/roms/LGUpdater/cab/

Since my phone came with ZVD, I used that and modified the instructions accordingly. I found out I wasn't entering e-mode properly because of the insane contortion of my hand that was required to hit all those buttons at once.

Seems fixable.
, You sir are amazing. Simply because that made me continue trying to fix the problem instead of using my phone as a projectile to scare away my neighbors idiot children or as a paperweight/door stop etc.

I really was expecting to get bashed to dust here but the community proved me wrong.

Thanks all

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear! Usually helping someone involves the long process of figuring out what they did to mess it up. LOL. Make sure to hit the thanks/like button for the people/person that helped you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name