Dead Pixel

gfriddle

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
it appears I do as well. More than one in my case. Thinking the problem was a software glitch i did a factory reset to the phone. Same issue - darn....

I talked with Sprint and I'm going to take it in to them today. Being that it is within 14 days that I've had the phone, I hope they can arrange the replacement to come in a few days vs. 2-5 weeks that HTC wants the phone.

Here's to hoping.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
They will take it back for any reason within the 14 day return period. Sucks that you have them! I still say return it. Even if it takes a while. A new device should come to you in perfect cond!

brianjsw

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Make sure its not dust. Mine has a black speck turns out its dust since I can see it in the sun with the device turned off. Kind of sucks but I think rather than roll the dice again I'm just going to learn to enjoy the phone anyway.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

gfriddle

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks folks.

Definitely dead pixels. Got an e-ticket, went to Sprint and they confirmed the same thing yesterday. Talked with the ordering group and they are sending over the replacement. I should have it 3-5 days.

brianjsw

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Just had mine replaced this morning. The new one also has dust or a dead pixel so I think it's time I suck it up and learn to live with it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2