Debating on grabbing a Logitech Revue ... HELP!

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I am seriously thinking of dropping cable from Time Warner and only using my Internet. It'll drop my bill from $120 to $40 a month. Here are my apprehensions though...

#1) I want to use ESPN3.com for sports. Has anyone had any issues or had good luck with this through the Revue?

#2) I subscribe to NHL Gamecenter (which is NHL hockey online through NHL.com) and am curious if I'll be ok going through the Revue and Chrome browser. I've used the Chrome browser in seasons past and it is great for streaming.

Any other thoughts or opinions are greatly welcomed. Thanks guys!

eracet

Mar 7, 2011
www.evolutiongamer.net
I would not use googletv as your only source.
Revue works well with dishnetwork and good with some other services.

If you have netflix you can get that on about any device.

When update comes it will seem to me that it will have more options and customization.

Mostly depends on what you are looking for and what content you want to see.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I can not really answer your questions, but I will say that I dropped Directv last month and picked up the Revue once they dropped the price. I am really enjoying it.

I have been watching a ton of shows I would never pay for through the website that is referenced on another forum, and the quality is quite good.

I will check out espn3 tonight for you and give my feedback of how well it works with the revue.

I am unfamiliar with the NHL you talk about, but I will say that I have never had a video streaming problem on any site I have visited that plays video, including tv shows, sports, youtube, or other sites.

Revue also has access to Netflix, so that is a plus. I am hoping that HuluPlus will show up soon too (whether Google outbids everyone else or not).

I would suggest you get the revue, check out how well it works for your needs, and then make your decision to drop or not. For $99, you really can not go wrong (IMO), and it is not like you have another monthly subscription to pay with it either.

Good luck

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I can not really answer your questions, but I will say that I dropped Directv last month and picked up the Revue once they dropped the price. I am really enjoying it.

I have been watching a ton of shows I would never pay for through the website that is referenced on another forum, and the quality is quite good.

I will check out espn3 tonight for you and give my feedback of how well it works with the revue.

I am unfamiliar with the NHL you talk about, but I will say that I have never had a video streaming problem on any site I have visited that plays video, including tv shows, sports, youtube, or other sites.

Revue also has access to Netflix, so that is a plus. I am hoping that HuluPlus will show up soon too (whether Google outbids everyone else or not).

I would suggest you get the revue, check out how well it works for your needs, and then make your decision to drop or not. For $99, you really can not go wrong (IMO), and it is not like you have another monthly subscription to pay with it either.

Good luck
I really appreciate the info guys. I am definitely dropping cable later today. I just can't justify the amount of money for the amount of time I have to spend watching it.

It's encouraging to hear that the streams seem to do really well through the Revue. I'm hoping that ESPN3.com comes out looking pretty nice so I can get my sports fix.

NHL Gamecenter is similar to MLBtv.com and probably ESPN3, so hopefully it streams well.

I think my conclusion will be to order one, play with it and decide whether or not to keep it.

ONE last question. Has anyone hooked up an HD Over-the-Air Antenna to a Revue? I'm curious about that being my TV input...

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding, you can not hook up over the air antenna to the Revue and get it to work, but I am not too tech type.

Check out googletvforum.org for another site of information. There is a posting on there that says espn3.com keeps crashing, but I can not confirm that personally.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you just want to watch online content, pick up a PS3 or just hook up your computer... really this thing is pointless if you don't have the services to enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus S

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
If you just want to watch online content, pick up a PS3 or just hook up your computer... really this thing is pointless if you don't have the services to enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus S

Yeah ... and this is where my indecision lies. I probably just need to covert a PC that I can attach to my entertainment setup rather than deal with Google TV until they do a better job with it. In theory, they had it all worked out ... but I think their deal with Motorola will ultimately bring us what we're all wanting.

I just want something I can grab shows from ABC, CBS, NBC ... do ESPN3 and watch my NHL Gamecenter games on. Presently that is my laptop, but it looks like I'm going to have to find an alternative since I need to use my laptop for work quite a bit.

Anyone know a good site for home theater PC's???

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
You can look into PlayOn, it aggregates a lot of those sources for you and is acceptable on GoogleTV (although I hope the upcoming release will get us better navigation). PlayOn is a bit more effective on something like an XBox, but that's a big, power-hungry device for just streaming video.

akahamlet

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm really interested in whether I can watch NHL Gamecenter Live on my Logitech Revue Google TV. Please update this thread when you have tried it!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zedmo