Default launcher won't stick

magp1e

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me. I posted this to the Google support forums but they told me they won't help and marked that as the recommended answer. :(

I have an LG Stylo on Android 9. I use Nova Launcher, and I haven't had any updates on Android or Nova recently. Today my phone has started asking me which launcher to use (LG has 3 options built in). I select Nova and Always but it keeps asking. I've tried selecting the LG launcher and Always, as well as installing a new launcher and selecting Always, and clearing Nova and the LG launcher data. No matter which I pick, it always ends up asking again. Some times it's the very next time I press Home, and other times it may let me press Home a few times before asking again. I checked under the Default Apps in Settings and most of the time it is showing Nova as the default, even though it's not recognizing it, but one of the times I checked it, it showed None.
Is there any fix for this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me. I posted this to the Google support forums but they told me they won't help and marked that as the recommended answer. :(

I have an LG Stylo on Android 9. I use Nova Launcher, and I haven't had any updates on Android or Nova recently. Today my phone has started asking me which launcher to use (LG has 3 options built in). I select Nova and Always but it keeps asking. I've tried selecting the LG launcher and Always, as well as installing a new launcher and selecting Always, and clearing Nova and the LG launcher data. No matter which I pick, it always ends up asking again. Some times it's the very next time I press Home, and other times it may let me press Home a few times before asking again. I checked under the Default Apps in Settings and most of the time it is showing Nova as the default, even though it's not recognizing it, but one of the times I checked it, it showed None.
Is there any fix for this?
Hi, try clearing cache in recovery and see if ok after .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! LG phones typically don't give the user the option to boot into Recovery and wipe the system cache partition, unfortunately.

Any 3rd party "phone cleaner" or "RAM booster" apps installed?

magp1e

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
I don't have any apps like that. It did cross my mind that the Microsoft Edge app has been freezing a lot the last week or so, so I had joined the beta somewhere around the same time this started to see if the freezing improved. That's the only unusually different thing, so I uninstalled Edge altogether, and so far I haven't had the pop-up, and it's been a couple hours. I'm not sure how that would cause it but I'm hoping that it will stay fixed.
I really appreciate the speedy suggestions!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781