Deja Vu all over again.. GB update version

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
For all those who weren't around when the FROYO update came out last year- the same panic and disillusionment abounded when people realized some things didn't work and seemed buggy..some hated it, some loved it, some didn't care either way; some swore it killed their battery life, some swore it was the next best thing to sliced bread and would win the war for the allieds... but within a few weeks everything went back to normal. If I remember correctly, the biggest bug wwas live streaming, eg Pandora, which was fixed by Pandora within days- the Sirius XM app took a couple of months, but that was the developers fault (XM/SIRIUS,customer service is useless) not HTC or Android or Sprint.

My advice is wait a few days to a few weeks, and everyone will forget the drama ever occurred, and history will repeat itself with the next Great OTA update riots of 2012, assuming we don't all have Evo-3D's by then- of course the drama will still happen- it will just be 1 forum over.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
It also should be noted.. Many users and the AC crew have said it's always best to wipe the phone clean and start fresh when going to a new version. It's been said so many times.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of which, I have used Astro to back up all of my apps and exported my contacts. Is that all there is to backing up before a factory reset? I know this probably isn't the appropriate place to ask, but I've never had to update and all of the negatives I'm hearing are really concerning, but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it. I just want to make sure I start off clean and am able to get everything back. Thanks in advance,

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of which, I have used Astro to back up all of my apps and exported my contacts. Is that all there is to backing up before a factory reset? I know this probably isn't the appropriate place to ask, but I've never had to update and all of the negatives I'm hearing are really concerning, but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it. I just want to make sure I start off clean and am able to get everything back. Thanks in advance,

Your Google account should back up all your contacts to the gmail automatically all the time. That's where my contacts are backed up. It just syncs it automatically all the time.

Reactions: Nate79