Deleted email keeps returning.

OldCoastie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have one particular email account, POP3, that will randomly resend to me a deleted email. It never happens with my gmail or my company account which is IMAP. Is there any way to stop this from happening? It's getting really annoying.

Thanks.

jaydee91

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Had the very same thing happen to me that was caused by mail being deleted on the phone but not from the email server. Under the Account Settings option, check Incoming Server Settings to see if you are deleting mail from the phone and the server and that should fix it.

OldCoastie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Checked and it is set to delete from the server when deleted from the phone. This seems to be a problem for only POP3 mail. Looks like I will have to delete my messages twice until this can be figured out.

Thanks

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Checked and it is set to delete from the server when deleted from the phone. This seems to be a problem for only POP3 mail. Looks like I will have to delete my messages twice until this can be figured out.

Thanks

I've seen this on customers' phones before and it's usually solved by deleting the account, and re-adding it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky