Deleteing a Google account?

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I deleted my Google account because I wanted a new one. I made it added to my phone but it wont let me delete my first one? Help? It keeps giving me a notification to "update" password?
Sent from my LG-VM670

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
In order to re-associate you device to a different Gmail address you will have to do a Factory Reset of the phone and go through the setup with your new Gmail address.

This will completely reset your phone so proceed with caution! You will have to re-download all your apps. Be sure you backup your contacts first and also copy off any pictures/movies/docs that you may want to save to your PC for safety.

Even if your contacts are synced to Gmail, you will want to back them up to your SD card or PC because they will not be in your new Gmail account unless you already put them there.

Also, any apps you purchased in the Play store will still be tied to your old account.

I know it's kind of a bummer, but it's the only way to completely link to a different Gmail address.

Reactions: topdawg661

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
In order to re-associate you device to a different Gmail address you will have to do a Factory Reset of the phone and go through the setup with your new Gmail address.

This will completely reset your phone so proceed with caution! You will have to re-download all your apps. Be sure you backup your contacts first and also copy off any pictures/movies/docs that you may want to save to your PC for safety.

Even if your contacts are synced to Gmail, you will want to back them up to your SD card or PC because they will not be in your new Gmail account unless you already put them there.

Also, any apps you purchased in the Play store will still be tied to your old account.

I know it's kind of a bummer, but it's the only way to completely link to a different Gmail address.

Thanks for advice! I'd rather just put up with the notification that comes up once every hour lol :p

Sent from my LG-VM670

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
To stop the notification, just keep the gmail account active but in Accounts & Sync just make sure that you have nothing checked to be synced.

Also, from a computer go into gmail and set it up so that your e-mail will be forwarded to your new email address (or any other one that you choose) and also set it so that the message does not stay on the gmail server for the old account. This will prevent any email being downloaded from that account (since there should be nothing there now) to your email program if you manually sync.

Good luck.

Doc

Reactions: topdawg661

Droidfreak143

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Could you help me by explaining how you do this? I have a new Droid Razr Maxx and I have upgraded to ICS a month or so ago. The original account still keeps popping up.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Could you help me by explaining how you do this? I have a new Droid Razr Maxx and I have upgraded to ICS a month or so ago. The original account still keeps popping up.

Settings-->Sync [Something like that] -->[Your Account]-->[Menu]-->Remove account.

I am on Jelly bean and its a little bit different in ICS. So it might not be right. I havent deleted an account so i am not sure if it will work