deleting instant upload photos??

scarfacediva2012

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
elete photos
Navigate to your Photos by tapping the Google+ icon in the top left corner and choosing My Photos.

To view your photos from your Profile, touch the icon in the grey header and select Photos.

To delete a photo from one of your Google+ albums

Tap an album to open it
Tap the photo you want to delete
Select Menu and select Delete photo
To delete multiple photos from your Instant Upload album

Select Menu and select Select photos
Tap the photos you want to delete
Select Menu and select Delete photos
Rate this article:

MikeyLG

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get it. I've gone into Google+ and deleted all but one profile photo.

My camera still has a bunch of photos on it that I don't want there. I can't seem to delete them. When I tap on the photo, I get a green check, but my only options are to share the photo or tap more and get details on the photo.

Thanks

abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Just start the google+ app, go to photos, and hold down your finger and then select the photos you want to delete. Or just tap the notification that you get when the upload is finished and do the same thing.

helpforyou

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
FOR GALAXY S3:
Okay, I had the exact same problem. I hated not being able to delete ugly photos or multiple pictures I took within my "instant upload" folder.
So, follow this order to NEVER deal with this again.
First, go to Settings > Accounts and sync > and you can either turn OFF all the sync or click the email listed to unsync certain options. There, uncheck the "Sync Instant upload photos" (I unchecked the Google photos and picasa web albums as well). This process will stop your instant upload folder from saving every picture you take. Now, to delete the pictures already in the instant upload folder, go to your apps, find gallery, and drag it to the "App info" or "i" symbol that appears at the bottom of your screen. You will find an option that says "Clear data". Click it (Camera photos will still be there, DON'T WORRY) and all your photos in the instant uploads folder should be gone (I'm afraid you can't pick which ones can be deleted specifically).
You should have no problems after this, hope I helped as many as I could. Good luck!

La Cohiba

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
scarfacediva2012 - thanks! this is what i wanted!!!

recap: using google+ app:
click arrowhead at left of g+ (top of screen)
select photos from list
select/open instant upload album
click on individual pic to delete
click delete photo from lower left menu popup

Lee McDaniel

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. I tried all the other answers, including deleting from google+. Your answer was the only one that worked on my Samsung Reverb.

eddie100578

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
That was very helpful...
You can also go into the instant upload page and tap the left hand corner button which will give you the option to select item / photo ( select all by tapping) then hit the 3 points on top right hand corner of page.
Deleting all at once and your done.

grinchinem

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
deleting instant upload phots from your gallery

Go to settings, click on applications manager, click all, click gallery, and click on clear data. This will not delete your another pics

tigershima

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. I deleted the pictures in Google+ but they still remained on my phone. It was solve by going into the gallery tapping on settings and selecting refresh.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Why am I not finding this difficult?

Whenever I don't want a photo, I delete it on my phone first. Then I go to the Google+ app on my phone, go to the Instant Uploads gallery, and delete the photo there. I never see that photo again.

I didn't have to mess with my Instant Uploads sync settings, or go to Picasa Web Albums, or got to the Google+ desktop interface. That's all I do. I can do it in reverse order as well.

What people need to realize is that Google+ Instant Uploads is not a two-way sync feature. You take a photo on your phone and Google+ uploads a copy of it to your private Instant Uploads album for safekeeping. If you delete the original photo on your phone (or lose your phone), the copy is still in the Instant Uploads album on Google+.

Or if you went to the Instant Uploads album on Google+ and deleted the copy of the photo here first, then the original will still be on your phone. Your phone and the Instant Uploads album do not maintain a real-time sync. it's a one-way street to the Instant Album album. That's it.