Deleting the "locked" VZ apps

choop

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Can someone suggest an easy way to delete the undeleteable VZ installed apps and the locked bookmarks in the browser? Bing.... c'mon, seriously?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You will need to root the phone. Check out rooting section. Also P3 working on a rooted app that debloats and deox app. For bookmarks that is tough to remove.

svzuki

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Can someone suggest an easy way to delete the undeleteable VZ installed apps and the locked bookmarks in the browser? Bing.... c'mon, seriously?

If this phone is anything like the TB, you will have to root your phone to do so.

choop

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Where do you see Bing?

Bing is one of the "locked" bookmarks in the browser bookmark manager.

.... and I seriously have to root the phone? I thought maybe there was a file manager app that would let me do this. No way am I rooting this thing.

Manofsteel927

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I for one wish there was an app as well to get rid of all the bloatware. I will not be rooting my bionic, I am not tech savvy enough and almost ruined my og droid trying to root it

npstup

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok very new user here from blackberry now sporting the Bionic. Love it! I have already rooted via the one click method. Now that it's rooted hoe do I remove the locked vzw apps? They are not giving me an uninstall or delete option? Did I not root correctly?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
U need a app like root explorer. Then scroll to system data and rename each app u want to freeze. DONT delete yet.
Ok very new user here from blackberry now sporting the Bionic. Love it! I have already rooted via the one click method. Now that it's rooted hoe do I remove the locked vzw apps? They are not giving me an uninstall or delete option? Did I not root correctly?

Sent from Tapatalk using Droid BionicX!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen