Desktop browsing in 3.2

Dunbar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I recall reading that the 3.2 update allowed you to permanently set the stock browser to desktop mode. I received the update on Friday on my 3G, but the browser still resets to Mobil after it shuts down. Was I misinformed about the update? Or is there a way to permanently fix it that I don't know about? I have been using about:debug.

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I like Dolphin and Opera for the desktop feature, but keep coming back to stock to get to my synced bookmarks. Would love to see desktop mode in the default or a way to get my chrome bookmarks synced between my PC, Mac and Opera mobile.

xzigraz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I recall reading that the 3.2 update allowed you to permanently set the stock browser to desktop mode. I received the update on Friday on my 3G, but the browser still resets to Mobil after it shuts down. Was I misinformed about the update? Or is there a way to permanently fix it that I don't know about? I have been using about:debug.
What you can do is type about:debug in the address bar and then go to settings, you'll notice there are extra setting you can set. There's a UAString which you can change it to desktop/android blah blah. Enjoy. This has been there since 3.0 though.

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What you can do is type about:debug in the address bar and then go to settings, you'll notice there are extra setting you can set. There's a UAString which you can change it to desktop/android blah blah. Enjoy. This has been there since 3.0 though.

The problem is that it isn't permanent, you have to keep redoing it. Wanting a permanent fix. At least we have the temporary setting work around.

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
... is there a way to permanently fix it that I don't know about? I have been using about:debug.

And we're right back to square one :p

Everytime I use my sister's Asus Transformer I have to wonder why google didn't just make the UA default setting changeable like Asus did to their tablet. For now it's left to 3rd party browsers like Dolphin or Opera. Maybe in 3. 3.....

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I once thought that loading full websites were better on the Xoom but, it actually seems to work better when it does load the mobile site in some cases. I can type a lot better on a forum I go to, with the mobile version of the site loaded, this happens with my Ipad 2 also but, maybe it's just the site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urdarlingisdead