Developer Edition RUU?

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
On the HTCdev site, the only RUU I see is:

One Brightstar US USA RUU 3.4.10 v4.1 984.7 MB 1.29.1540.16 Developer Edition

My Software number is: 1.29.1540.17

If I needed to go back to stock would I install the RUU I just mentioned and then do a software update on the phone to .17?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes. If you haven't changed your CID or MID then all you need to do is relock the bootloader and run the RUU and you're basically stock and good to go. But then again yours is a developer edition so it actually comes with an unlocked bootloader, which means all you need to do is run the RUU and you're fine. You can then use Software Updates to update to 4.2.2 IF it's available for your device at the moment.

Here's a list of RUUs: [COLLECTION] HTC M7 RUU, OTA, and Stock Nandroid Downloads - xda-developers

The one you mentioned above is correct.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Great, thanks for the link Tarek.

I'm only rooted right now (which also shows tampered), and I'll stay this way to see if I still get the 4.2.2 OTA update. If other DEs start to get it and I don't, I'll run the RUU. I'm assuming RUU doesn't relock or can't relock a DE version since it was unlocked in the first place.

I'm really hoping that HTC allows DE versions to go to the Google Edition. I have no need for Zoes, Blinkfeed or IR.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
If you're ONLY rooted and still on the software that came with your device (which is either 1.28 or 1.29), you should still be able to see if there's a software update available for your device, however you will not be able to install it because you will get a message saying "Your software is modified and you cannot install the update at this time" or something like that. So in other words, you do not really need to flash the RUU, you'd only need to do that IF you see the update already available for your device.

And you're welcome amroa.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I see Northern Europe is getting 4.2.2. Im on the Sprint version and got word from a reliable source that there is a sprint 4.2.2 leak out so that means it shouldnt be long now guys.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Great, thanks for the link Tarek.

I'm only rooted right now (which also shows tampered), and I'll stay this way to see if I still get the 4.2.2 OTA update. If other DEs start to get it and I don't, I'll run the RUU. I'm assuming RUU doesn't relock or can't relock a DE version since it was unlocked in the first place.

I'm really hoping that HTC allows DE versions to go to the Google Edition. I have no need for Zoes, Blinkfeed or IR.

You will need to relock the DE bootloader to run the RUU. Difference is you don't have to muck with HTCdev to do it, just fastboot oem lock/unlock
I've done it several times.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You will need to relock the DE bootloader to run the RUU. Difference is you don't have to muck with HTCdev to do it, just fastboot oem lock/unlock

Ok, thanks for that, Jerry. Do I need S-OFF to do fastboot oem lock/unlock?

Does tampered need to be cleared for either the OTA 4.2.2 or RUU? I think QBKing77 has a procedure for this.

Last edited:

ejup2009

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

A question? i am Dev Edition and i had to relocked my bootloader to install RUU stock... only making fasboot OEM unlock , i could come my bootloader to unlocked?