DeX not working on Note 9

1bellb

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I got my new Note 9 and I purchased a type C to HDMI cable so I can use DeX. I don't actually own a monitor, but I do have a Samsung smart TV.
When I plug the Note 9 in, It just gives me options to charge or transfer images. DeX doesn't pop up on my phone. The TV recognises something is plugged in, but says "no signal".
What am I doing wrong? Or isn't it compatible with large TVs?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I got my new Note 9 and I purchased a type C to HDMI cable so I can use DeX. I don't actually own a monitor, but I do have a Samsung smart TV.
When I plug the Note 9 in, It just gives me options to charge or transfer images. DeX doesn't pop up on my phone. The TV recognises something is plugged in, but says "no signal".
What am I doing wrong? Or isn't it compatible with large TVs?
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Note-9-dex-hdmi-cable-vs-dock-performance-heat-battery_id107984

There are some minor caveats here, however. If you go with a USB Type-C to HDMI cable instead of the official DeX dock

Buy Samsung's official DeX cable ($49.99)

Buy Samsung's official DeX Pad (with charging)($68.88)

Buy Samsung's official DeX Station (with charging and ethernet) ($149.99)

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...-your-galaxy-note-9-into-dex-desktop-0186435/

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This one works great with my Note 9. I like it better than the actual DeX Station. This is a lot more case friendly. Screenshot_20180915-181358_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

fiska20

Jan 18, 2019
Visit site
I have been using the same UGREEN cable without any issues for the past 2 months and since yesterday the DeX option does not pop up anymore and I only have USB-C charge notification. No changes after rebooting. Any suggestions? Phone stayed connected to TV via HDMI cable overnight, in case that could have anything to do with it??

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I ran into this with my third party hub and HDMI cable. The phone had to be charging for DEX to activate. In my case a charger needed to be plugged into the hub, because the USB-C port on the Note 9 was being used by the input to the hub.

I figured this out by trying my daughter's DEX dock. It needed to be charging, also to activate DEX mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87