Dex - Trackpad and Keyboard?

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Question, I was originally under the impression that I could just use my phone's trackpad and I'll just buy a bluetooth keyboard for the typing.

However, I forgot where I recall hearing that you can't use the trackpad if you have a bluetooth keyboard connected.

Has anyone tested a bluetooth keyboard and the phones trackpad at the same time and verify that it works?

LPRodgers

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
yup I used my apple mouse, a bluetooth speaker and bluetooth keyboard and no problems I think you can connect up to 5 devices

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
yup I used my apple mouse, a bluetooth speaker and bluetooth keyboard and no problems I think you can connect up to 5 devices

Can you use the trackpad and your bluetooth keyboard connected though?

I read the issue is if you have keyboard connect, you can't use the trackpad on the phone, you would need to connect a mouse as well.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm playing with Dex for the first time and OMG this is way faster than my actual computer. Spec wise the phone is better! I'm still on a 2012 Macbook Air so 4 gigs of RAM...

I am having trouble with the mouse side of things, however. Mine has a USB adapter that plugs into the Macbook Air and I'm not using a dock for Dex, just a cable. So I'm using my wireless Apple keyboard and the trackpad on Note 9.