Did you drop your Bionic yet?

tevansny

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Haven't dropped mine yet. I did put it in an Otterbox defender case before i even booted the phone the first time. Do not want to take any chances. :cool:

DonkeyMcdonkerton

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The guy at Verizon tried to sell my a case and a screen protector.

I pulled out my OG Droid that I've had for 2 years and showed it to him, which looks new, and asked why I needed a case.

Then I took my keys out and tried to scratch the screen.

He shut up after that.

I can tell you first hand this thing is not nearly as strong as the OG.

DonkeyMcdonkerton

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Bionic already, and I had my OG from day 1 until I received my first bionic (Sep 8th). I dropped the first one (my fault) and the screen had a little scratch, but just a few hours later it turned into an entire crack from side to side. I then received my new Bionic and noticed a few days later that the camera lense is cracked...I'm guessing that is not Gorllia Glass. I had the new bionic in a huge Otterbox for 90% of the time, and I never dropped it, sat on it, or misused it. My new one should be in the mail today, and I'm scared to even use it.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Bionic already, and I had my OG from day 1 until I received my first bionic (Sep 8th). I dropped the first one (my fault) and the screen had a little scratch, but just a few hours later it turned into an entire crack from side to side. I then received my new Bionic and noticed a few days later that the camera lense is cracked...I'm guessing that is not Gorllia Glass. I had the new bionic in a huge Otterbox for 90% of the time, and I never dropped it, sat on it, or misused it. My new one should be in the mail today, and I'm scared to even use it.

wow! Don't play the Lotto--it would be a waste of your money! :)

BBBay

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my son has the otterbox case I think... and I drop my Bionic last inght 4 feet to carpet. No dammage but its making me reconsider my pretty purple case.... I had to replace 2 storm screens dropped in Costco shattered screen

P.s. should I purchases the insurance for all three phones.
Me
18 yr son
Husband law enforcement.

Ppss: not loaded just a geek ;)

I'm taking quick poll.. should I switch to the otterbox?
Do they have a pretty purple

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gjn290

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my son has the otterbox case I think... and I drop my Bionic last inght 4 feet to carpet. No dammage but its making me reconsider my pretty purple case.... I had to replace 2 storm screens dropped in Costco shattered screen

P.s. should I purchases the insurance for all three phones.
Me
18 yr son
Husband law enforcement.

Ppss: not loaded just a geek ;)

I'm taking quick poll.. should I switch to the otterbox?
Do they have a pretty purple

I dropped my phone the day i put in an otterbox defender. Best money I have spent. I also have insurance on the phone incase of hardware issues.

King Howie

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
dropped mine day 2. wasn't wearing the otterbox defender that I bought with the phone (doesn't play well with extended battery, and is huge with it on). didn't spring for the insurance (i take extreme care of everything). dropped it on asphalt. it skidded about 2 feet on the glass.

when I felt it slip from my grasp, my sphincter was clenched so tightly you couldn't drive a sewing needle thru it with a sledgehammer. picked up the phone and saw no sign of damage on the screen. boogered up the lower left corner of the phone, but nothing serious

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, difficult and hilarious. Well the description of your reaction was at least

I've dropped mine 3 times. Twice on concrete, once on carpet...all on the same day. Good news is there's just a tiny nick on the corner which means the case is somewhat helpful. I think I want a new case though because each drop was out off the case not my hand. Im using the slider clip they sell at vzw. It gets hung up on my shirt when I holster it which doesnt allow it to click all the way. don't like otterbox because its a bit too bulky but I moght have to do it

BBBay

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Which brings up my next question.
I purchased the costco package which came with a case it has a metal clip. I would like to remove it and carry my purple gloved droid in the leather case. I will never where it. I'm thinking hacksaw any suggestions?

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't dropped a phone in just over four years. The day I drop my unprotected Bionic, you'll read about it in the newspaper.

I paid $700 for the phone with tax and shipping but picked the cheap insurance. I wonder if I can still upgrade insurance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia