Difference between Note 2 on Verizon and T-mobile

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I figured I'd put this here because I never knew the carriers change features so much between the same phone. I knew there'd be more bloatware etc. but features? Well actually they might be drawbacks depending which carrier you have.

my wife has a t-moble note 2 and verizon note 2.

WIFI Calling
T-mobile. baked into the OS, gives you option to make calls over wifi using your own number if wifi is available. Verizon completely deleted this and you need 3rd party software to work it..

Text messages
Verizon phone screen turns on when you get a text msg. T-mobile does not.

GPS
T-mobile locks quickly, Verizon locks very poorly if at all.

There are probably more but I never bothered to look too hard

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Difference between note 2 on Verizon and T-mobile

GPS
T-mobile locks quickly, Verizon locks very poorly if at all.

There are three Note 2 phones in my family. Verizon, T-Mobile(USA), as well as the international unlocked version(N7100) bought in Germany.

All three of them perform equally as far as GPS is concerned. I just placed them next to each other and started the GPS Test app.

All three locked on to the GPS position within 1 to 2 seconds.. All three phones are sitting on the dining table as I tested this.
All three are able to receive the same strength of GPS signal on 19 out of 23 satellites being locked on.

Also tried it using Google Maps, TomTom(in offline mode), and Co-Pilot nav apps. All three Note 2 phones locked on equally fast.

I put all three phones in airplane mode during the test. (just so they're not picking up location data from Google location service)

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I believe the tmobile also has the pins for wireless charging

sent from Galaxy Note 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I believe the tmobile also has the pins for wireless charging

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Verizon has pins, they are just covered up, but you can uncover them if so desired

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

wow they deliberately removed a hardware feature? Even though I would never use it, that annoys me

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

wow they deliberately removed a hardware feature? Even though I would never use it, that annoys me

I think it was a verizon request, just like the Verizon logo on the home button. Tmo didn't make their home button ugly...

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

I think it was a verizon request, just like the Verizon logo on the home button. Tmo didn't make their home button ugly...

I've had my Verizon Note 2 for 7+ months now... I haven't noticed the Verizon logo on the home button until just now(after reading your post above). :) Guess it's less noticeable because mine is white. Great.. .now I can't look away... time to get a sticker to cover it up! :D :D :D

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Verizon has pins, they are just covered up, but you can uncover them if so desired

Yea. You have to hack the phone up to get to them

sent from Galaxy Note 2

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It intrigues me how no one here mentioned another difference between the Verizon Note 2 and the T-Mobile Note 2:

The Verizon Note 2 has a locked bootloader, but the T-Mobile Note 2 does not.