Dinc and 2.3

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I hope so but no one knows for sure yet. I would guess they wouldn't come out as one update but as two different updates with GB coming first.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I hope so, but I don't think HTC has a history of upgrading Sense versions on their devices, just the OS with existing Sense.

But, only time will tell.

There are several good Desire Z ROM’s out with the new Sense if you want to play with it.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
A very credible inside source (VZW engineer) actually confirmed this on Twitter today. He said HTC doesn't upgrade Sense on older devices, and it sounds right, because I can't think of a single phone where they've done that. And if anyone is to be believed, it's him :D

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I would love it if Sense was updated as well. I think most of us are in agreement that the DInc will get Gingerbread at some point. But I tried to register on HTCSense.com and they only support the Desire Z and the Desire HD in North America (so far).

SR1

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
HTC and Verizon were pretty good about getting 2.2 out, and I thought I read somewhere that most HTC phones were going to get the new Sense UI. Maybe they're just waiting for Gingerbread to come out first?