Disable proximity sensor

A

AC Question

Does anyone know how to disable the proximity sensor on a razr maxx hd. My screen goes black as soon as I make a call, nothing I do will turn the screen back on. I have no dial pad, cant turn on speaker phone, have to wait for other party to hang up before screen will come back on. Seems like if I could disable the proximity sensor that may fix it. Any ideas??

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Check under the call settings within the settings menu of the phone to see if this is an option.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

phamdd

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I had the same issue recently, it seems the proximity sensor doesn't work properly and it always see there is something near the phone. During the phone call, this will automatically turn off the screen.

I work around this using the app named "Proximity Screen Off Lite" https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.itsme4ucz.screenoff&token=3sr8Lo0j

I configure the app as below.

1. Screen On/Off Modes
Check "Cover and hold to turn on Screen"
Timeout: 1 second
Check "Disable Accidentla Lock"
Timeout: 4 seconds

2. All settings
Check "Disable in Lanscape"
Check "Lock phone on screen ON"

3. [Advanced] Configure Sensore
Select sensor: Proximity sensor
Value when sensor covered: 0
Value when sensor un-covered: 1

Turn on the service and enjoy your phone calls.

Hope it help.

Mike Clarke2

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Solution: Guys been reading everything nothing works even the solution apps given. Best thing I found was opening the phone up wrapping a tiny bit of tin foil over the sensors (the shiney side) to reflect the light back in on itself, no more issues. Side effect is you have to manually turn the screen off with the power button in convo, small price considering I had a black screen before. Hope that helps.

kaefert

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, that the proximity sensor stopped working.

The solution that worked for me was to install the app com.hatcyl.android.Hardware_Disabler (sadly not in the playstore (anymore?))
Found it by googling it - correct size=99105bytes md5sum=cfdf0eaec8c259a8c43ce3cfcb3771f2

Got the hint from a comment from the stackoverflow question id=24982571 name="disable-proximity-sensor-during-call" (I'm not allowed to post links here, since this is my first post)

For my Sony Xperia Z (with pacman rom 4.4) I simply needed to disable the device "/sys/bus/i2c/drivers/apds9702" and now I can use my phone while in a call again :D

Jozef Kutka

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
hello, also thanx, it helps cause i have broken proximity sensor.
but i need to set it like always uncovered
can you help me how? cause i have tried previous setting but there are still unstable things during calls
thx

Last edited:

Larson Pinto

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
This is how I fixed the issue. Go to Phone App, Three Dots in a vertical line button, Settings or call settings, disable proximity sensor. Now phone will remain on at all times so you can use the numpad and anything else you need.

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Disable light sensor

I have G2 LG Problam is a light sensor .on Day light cell prefact worked.but night time sensore are not work i click tha ON buttan Display not stay going back Off and Other activets is 100% working but problam have display Go back OFF Plz Help

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have G2 LG Problam is a light sensor .on Day light cell prefact worked.but night time sensore are not work i click tha ON buttan Display not stay going back Off and Other activets is 100% working but problam have display Go back OFF Plz Help

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
The answer for me was to keep my hand away from the top of the phone. If I wanted to hit the speaker button, I would sneak my finger up from the bottom side of the phone. SFT is way too sensitive, and needs some control panel options.

lukemartin87

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
This worked for me thanks!! I just replaced the screen on my Moto G and had problems with this. Cheap knock off screen didn't work as good. I tried tightening screws and installing disabling apps and re calibration aps. Nothing worked except for this. I think the problem was the sensors weren't close enough to the new screen holes for them. THANKSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put a piece of tin foil over the sensor and problem solved.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante