Disable system updates

Reticulator

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to disable system updates so i don't have to click "back" several times a day to tell my RAZR MAXX HD not to do it?

The reason I don't want it is I think it also updates the "factory" version of Google Maps. I find nothing that says so, but on my wife's Ultra which does have the latest system update, uninstalling the Google Maps updates returns her to a newer version of Google Maps that doesn't give access to My Maps. Access to My Maps is one reason I even have this phone (new in late August). It works for me because I uninstalled all Google Maps updates and reverted to the factory version. But now I'm constantly threatened by a new system update that will to take this away from me by updating the factory version (I think). I'd like to remove the risk of accidentally doing it.

My current system version is 12.7.7.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Under System Updates i see the message "Install Deferred." My Android Version is 4.2.2

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I moved the system files BlurUpdater_VZW.apk and odex files and I haven't received an update popup since. Before that I was getting the system update notification about twice a day. Obviously, you need to be rooted as these are /system/app files.

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to disable system updates so i don't have to click "back" several times a day to tell my RAZR MAXX HD not to do it?

The reason I don't want it is I think it also updates the "factory" version of Google Maps. I find nothing that says so, but on my wife's Ultra which does have the latest system update, uninstalling the Google Maps updates returns her to a newer version of Google Maps that doesn't give access to My Maps. Access to My Maps is one reason I even have this phone (new in late August). It works for me because I uninstalled all Google Maps updates and reverted to the factory version. But now I'm constantly threatened by a new system update that will to take this away from me by updating the factory version (I think). I'd like to remove the risk of accidentally doing it.

My current system version is 12.7.7.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Under System Updates i see the message "Install Deferred." My Android Version is 4.2.2

Are you referring to your starred locations available through Google Maps? You can still access those easily through the updated app. Just tap the "person" icon at the end of the search bar and then scroll down to my places. You can expand it from there if it's not one of the first ones listed. Easy to jump to navigation from there too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx