Display models at Best Buy [Samsung Galaxy S7 edge]

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my hands on one today in store and also surprised by how small it feels. Placed my HTC One m8 on top of it and there's barely any difference!

My iPhone 6s Plus looked like a brick when compared to the S7 edge. I want my S7 edge now! Haha.

BTW, the two gentlemen working the phone area said people who preorder their S7 edges through that particular Best Buy won't have them in hand until 3/11, whether they're being shipped to their house or if they're picking them up in the store.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store and tested both s7 and s7e. They are nice phones, but I wasn't wow'd. Maybe I expect more or something, however I still may get one later.

The size of the s7e isn't that much bigger than my s5. It's taller, but the width may be the same.

The software was fast and snappy, but I was disappointed in the scrolling not being as smooth and fast as the iPhone, though it was still good. I feel like iPhone is in a league of their own when it comes to scrolling. I felt as if when zooming in and out of a photo, it wasn't as fast as my s5 which zooms really fast. Though maybe I'm seeing something that's not actually there.

The opened apps menu was a bit disappointing because some of the apps were refreshing even with 4 GB of ram. It could be because the verizon demo apps were open. But it didn't take a long time to refresh the youtube app when switching to it after a bit of time.

The icon sizes were too big. Does anyone know if we can
reduce their sizes without a 3rd party launcher?

I like how they brought back two finger pull down of the status bar to allow us to see all the buttons available as we were able to on the s5. Not sure if the s6 had this feature.

Screen is amazing as usual as I think Samsung's super amoled is the best type of screen in the phone business.

Camera takes really quick pictures. I didn't really test the low light capability or do much intensive photography, but I'm sure it's a great camera and could be the best smartphone camera this year so far if not all year.

Anyways, from my 30-40 min of testing, I thought the phone was good and I may end up getting it later.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I have the S6 edge but may switch to the S7 edge. The only complaint I have with mine is poor battery life. I'm sure the S7 will be a big improvement.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Checked them out today at local BB. Very grateful I ordered the black one from Verizon. I nearly ordered silver and after seeing it in person today, there's no way I could have lived with it. Waaaayyyyyy too shiny. And gold is just too gaudy for my taste.

I went and looked at them today and had the same thought. So glad I cancelled my silver order.

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I saw the gold and black at best buy today and the black looked WAY better to me. Probably getting the black edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 6s Plus looked like a brick when compared to the S7 edge.

And that's the reason why I'm also replacing mine with an S7 EDGE. The 6S Plus is very heavy and the bezel size is ridiculous. I like iOS, but the 6S is too small for me and the 6S Plus is, as you've mentioned, like a brick

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Went to best buy to check it out. Sooooo happy I ordered the silver. It is great! It's so different then the usual black/blue or white Sammy's of the past. Wow, I can't fricking wait!!!
300956b6e4df1f794877ff67d8b2d4a7.jpg
884c70de102fffddb7c6386068fe49f4.jpg

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Attachments

• 7933.jpg
    7933.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 120

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Seems like my work colleagues have been given demo units not the retail units. This means I might not be able to run benchmark software on my unit (which I hope to get today or tomorrow). I tried it on our store demo and unsurprisingly benchmarks were blocked from being installed.

I might be able to if it's linked to retail mode software, for which I know the password. But if it's OS level block then I'll have to resort to camera samples and battery test only.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Paid a visit to Best Buy today. Checked out the S7 and Edge. Was hoping they'd have a silver Edge to check out, but all they had in either phone was black and gold.

Really liked the way the S7 feels in the hand, but compared to what I'm used to the screen seems pretty small. Also wasn't all that thrilled with either the black or gold colors. The gold seems a bit too gaudy, the black a bit too plain. As someone else wrote in one of these forums, the black seems to me to look cheaper and more plasticky looking than the metallic colors. That's just my opinion, so if you disagree that's cool. We're all entitled to our opinions,

I went in really wanting to like the Edge, but didn't like the way it feels in my hand very much. When I read about how curved it was, I expected the entire back to be curved, like the LG G3 and G4. Instead, it's just the very edges. The rim of the phone, where your fingers hold it, seems very thin and is not very comfortable to me. I'd probably get used to it, but why should I need to? My G3 is bigger than the Edge, but much more comfortable to hold.

Both phones performed admirably. I noticed no glitches, lag, hesitation at all. Not at all sure what I'm going to do now.