Display on 9 pro xl

nwbaldw

Aug 14, 2024
Visit site
This is the one thing I'd like to know about when somebody actually gets to see one. Everything else about this phone tells me I'll upgrade but I'll have to know about the display. I have the 7pro now and am pretty much happy with it but when I look at it next to my galaxy s20+, the display is just not good. This will be pretty much the only deciding factor of I get this phone or not.

nwbaldw

Aug 14, 2024
Visit site
I'm sure it should be better but just concerned because not all newer models are always better. Just went back and pulled out my old 6 pro and it looks better than my 7 pro

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm sure it should be better but just concerned because not all newer models are always better. Just went back and pulled out my old 6 pro and it looks better than my 7 pro
Oh wow , when I had the 7 pro I don't remember it having such a bad display ,was that curved before the 8 pro went flat or was that 6 pro?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Still curved, and it's just one of those things where I didn't feel it was that bad until I put it beside other screens like my old Galaxy s20+ or my daughter's iPhone.
Yeah, well going to the pixel 8pro or 9 pro series you will see improvements in display and are flat now

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
As I posted in another thread, I received my Pixel 9 Pro XL today, and my impression is that the display on this device is substantially better than my Pixel 6 Pro. The difference in viewing the same photos on this P9PXL and on my old P6P is remarkable -- the new device is perceptibly brighter, with sharper details and more vivid colors. Even my wife, who normally shrugs off such matters, was impressed with the upgrade in display quality.

In addition, the general brightness level adjustment affords a considerable increase over the P6P. I have no basis for comparing the P9PXL to either the P7 or P8, but coming from a P6P, I'm very pleased with the display (as I am with the device in all other respects).

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
As I posted in another thread, I received my Pixel 9 Pro XL today, and my impression is that the display on this device is substantially better than my Pixel 6 Pro. The difference in viewing the same photos on this P9PXL and on my old P6P is remarkable -- the new device is perceptibly brighter, with sharper details and more vivid colors. Even my wife, who normally shrugs off such matters, was impressed with the upgrade in display quality.

In addition, the general brightness level adjustment affords a considerable increase over the P6P. I have no basis for comparing the P9PXL to either the P7 or P8, but coming from a P6P, I'm very pleased with the display (as I am with the device in all other respects).
Nice! How are the viewing angles? Any tinting or discoloration? I know blue or pink tints as well as dull colors have been pretty common with newer devices.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Nice! How are the viewing angles? Any tinting or discoloration? I know blue or pink tints as well as dull colors have been pretty common with newer devices.
So far as I can tell, the viewing angles of the display are excellent; and I don't detect any tint or discoloration -- though to be fair, I use dark mode, so most of what I view wouldn't be affected anyway. LOL.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one blasting the brightness to see? I feel like I'm always high on the meter, at least 3/4s of the way. I'm wondering if this is just how the Pixels are calibrated?

Indoors: at least 50% usually. Except at night.
Outdoors: at least 3/4s if not more just to be able to see.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Adaptive brightness has worked great for me on all Pixels, in fact all phones including iPhones, Galaxies. It's no different on the Pixel 9 Pro XL, adaptive brightness works great for my use and it's plenty bright or dark based on the lighting.

nwbaldw

Aug 14, 2024
Visit site
This is the one thing I'd like to know about when somebody actually gets to see one. Everything else about this phone tells me I'll upgrade but I'll have to know about the display. I have the 7pro now and am pretty much happy with it but when I look at it next to my galaxy s20+, the display is just not good. This will be pretty much the only deciding factor of I get this phone or not.
Well after getting my hands on it, looked like enough of an improvement to get. Got it today, and so far it's well worth it. The screen brightness is a huge improvement. The display itself to me rides the perfect balance between the usual over saturation of the Galaxy and natural colors with a hint of boost in color

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one blasting the brightness to see? I feel like I'm always high on the meter, at least 3/4s of the way. I'm wondering if this is just how the Pixels are calibrated?

Indoors: at least 50% usually. Except at night.
Outdoors: at least 3/4s if not more just to be able to see.
Yep, usually have mine around 80% outside... Any higher would be too bright for me.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Maybe I'm so used to Samsung Galaxy displays I'm kinda spoiled. Im really enjoying the Pixel 9 Pro XL but the screen display is no where as rich and vibrant as my Galaxy S23 Plus. Maybe it has a lot to do with it being Gorilla Glass Victus 2 rather Corning Gorilla Armor.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm so used to Samsung Galaxy displays I'm kinda spoiled. Im really enjoying the Pixel 9 Pro XL but the screen display is no where as rich and vibrant as my Galaxy S23 Plus. Maybe it has a lot to do with it being Gorilla Glass Victus 2 rather Corning Gorilla Armor.

I agree. Something about the S23 Ultra screen pops more than the 9 Pro XL. Great screen, but for some reason feels dimmer and missing that extra icing.