Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case for LG Nexus 5

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I need to order a case soon since my N5 already shipped, Gekko, I love how thin the case appears to be but can you confirm if it looks like the case will cover the slight protrusion of the camera lens?

Thanks!

i don't have my Nexus 5 yet so i can't be 100% sure but from all of the photos i've seen and from holding the case it appears that the case is thick enough to protect the slight camera lens protrusion. BTW - i don't think it's the lens that actually protrudes - i think it's just the outer ring - and i don't think it even protrudes that much to be an issue - but i could be wrong.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i don't have my Nexus 5 yet so i can't be 100% sure but from all of the photos i've seen and from holding the case it appears that the case is thick enough to protect the slight camera lens protrusion. BTW - i don't think it's the lens that actually protrudes - i think it's just the outer ring - and i don't think it even protrudes that much to be an issue - but i could be wrong.

Thanks, I went ahead and just ordered the case. Phone should arrive soon and now I'll be without a case lol, oh well but yeah I had a diztronic on my HTC EVO 4G LTE and loved the fit and finish of it and the fact it barely adds any bulk.

Not to hijack, but are you planning on getting a SP as well or will you go naked on the screen?

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Gekko, please give an update after you receive your phone. I'm particularly interested in how difficult the buttons are to push. I have the OEM bumper for my N4 and it is effortless. I tried the Rinke fusion and it was much more difficult. I see that Diztronic gets great reviews on Amazon so hoping that they have this figured out.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Gekko, please give an update after you receive your phone. I'm particularly interested in how difficult the buttons are to push. I have the OEM bumper for my N4 and it is effortless. I tried the Rinke fusion and it was much more difficult. I see that Diztronic gets great reviews on Amazon so hoping that they have this figured out.

ok. please remind me if i forget. i'm expecting good things because if you look at the attention to detail of the buttons area in my pics above you can tell they didn't half a$$ it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i received my Diztronic case -

1. fit and finish and quality of case is outstanding.
2. it protects the very very slight camera lens protrusion. it is enough to protect it.
3. the volume and power buttons are very easy to push with the case on. but not so easy that you accidentally hit them.

great case. i love it.

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i received my Diztronic case -

1. fit and finish and quality of case is outstanding.
2. it protects the very very slight camera lens protrusion. it is enough to protect it.
3. the volume and power buttons are very easy to push with the case on. but not so easy that you accidentally hit them.

great case. i love it.

Any pictures with the case on the phone?

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll take some pics with my SGS3 once I get my SIM card and activate the phone, I currently have the phone sitting naked cause I don't want to have to take the case back off to put it in.

Gekko, I remember on my HTC EVO 4G LTE since the case is such a tight fit, it was kinda a PITA to get on the phone.

Do you have any tips to get it on easy? Do you start on a corner or something and stretch the case out to fit the rest?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll take some pics with my SGS3 once I get my SIM card and activate the phone, I currently have the phone sitting naked cause I don't want to have to take the case back off to put it in.

Gekko, I remember on my HTC EVO 4G LTE since the case is such a tight fit, it was kinda a PITA to get on the phone.

Do you have any tips to get it on easy? Do you start on a corner or something and stretch the case out to fit the rest?

no tips needed. mine slipped in easy like a glove. yet the fit is perfect. tight and no loose gaps. let me know what you think. go ahead and put the case on! easy off and on!

ocostich

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
The Spigen cases are TPU material as well. They add some polycarbonate around either the bumper or the back, and charge about double the Diztronic price. The Diztronic maybe doesn't look as slick as the Spigen with its gold, silver or slate plastic on it but it's likely just as good or better protector. I've ad several Diztronic cases on previous phones (Galalxy Nexus, Nexus 4) and they are excellent. I ordered the Nexus 5 model and expect it to be as good.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The Spigen cases are TPU material as well. They add some polycarbonate around either the bumper or the back, and charge about double the Diztronic price. The Diztronic maybe doesn't look as slick as the Spigen with its gold, silver or slate plastic on it but it's likely just as good or better protector. I've ad several Diztronic cases on previous phones (Galalxy Nexus, Nexus 4) and they are excellent. I ordered the Nexus 5 model and expect it to be as good.

Like Gekko has stated, it is a really great case with great fit and finish. I am very happy with it.

I love how thin it is.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
did anyone else notice that this Diztronic case material feels almost exactly like the soft touch material on the back of the black Nexus 5? feel the back of the phone and then feel the case - they feel the same to me! and it barely adds any bulk. it almost feels like there's no case on it at all - and you're getting the same OEM feel. i wonder if this was intentional or just luck.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
What are the chances that Diztronic will eventually make a clear case? I've seen this as an option for some of the other phones. I have a white N5 and would like to show it off.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
What are the chances that Diztronic will eventually make a clear case? I've seen this as an option for some of the other phones. I have a white N5 and would like to show it off.

email them and ask. i should add too that not only is the soft touch feel of the black case the same as the back of the black Nexus 5 but the color looks exactly the same too. it gives it a real OEM look.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got this case today and I can't stop holding my Nexus 5 as if it has no case. It's thin, flexible and the material just feels good to touch and the buttons actually retain the click sound and feel. This is the complete opposite of my Spigen Air Cushion. Waiting on my Caseology case to arrive next week but so far I think this is my favorite case so far and I've tried a few others from a friend who also bought a N5. All I need is an oleophobic screen protector so I can stop spending money on accessories for my phone :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781