DL30 Leaked Froyo Old (2/1/10) Install Instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
For historical purposes, this is the original procedure that was posted on 2/1/2010, using an older version of ClockworkMod Red Recovery. An updated procedure can be found here. Please use the updated one.

I'm posting this section before and after the procedure to update, since so many people are still asking about FC's.

If, after completing the upgrade, you are in a force close loop:

1) Boot into recovery and do a clear cache to fix FC issues. --> Thanks to the member with the cool username:killahamsammich.
2) If that doesn't work try a Wipe Data/Factory Reset in recovery mode.
3) Still not working: Try using ODIN to flash DL09.tar.md5 and then go through the upgrade steps again. If you need them, there are specific steps on how to flash DL09 in post #4.
4) Still Force Closing? Do this.

Now here's how to upgrade to Froyo using CWR RED

Notes before you begin: The absolute safest way to proceed is to start with a factory reseted device with no 3rd party apps installed or Voodoo Lag Fix. That is the state my phone was in as I was writing this procedure. Based on numerous posts, If you don't do this, there's a good chance you'll end up at the top of this post between the *'s. I'm also reading issues people are having when restoring data from backup programs. I'm not telling you to not do this, but just be aware of this. I always start clean. If you have used ODIN in the past, and have experience using it, you will breeze through many of these steps. I'm pretty specific for those who are new to all of this. It's worth repeating: if you have Voodoo, I would remove it. If you don't know what Voodoo is, it's unlikely that you have it. You will also need to install the Samsung Drivers before continuing. This procedure is not Mac compatible. Last but not least, no question is a stupid question, regardless of your skill level. There are no shortage of helpful and experienced members in this thread, and there are certified Android Central junkies (those of us with badges next to our names) that are here to help. I know you'd do anything right now for me to stop talking, so here it is:

Please follow these steps explicitly:

1.) If your phone is still running DI01 - update it to DL09 post #4.
2.) Download the DL30 zip file to your PC from either here or here.
3.) Download Red Clockworkmod recovery to your PC.
4.) Download attached zipped ODIN file and extract ODIN file to your PC's desktop.
5.) Copy the DL30 zip file from your PC to your SD card (USB reader is easiest).
6.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
7.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
8.) Remove battery from phone.
9.) Launch ODIN on PC.
10.) Plug USB cable into phone.
11.) Press and hold the volume-down key.
12.) Plug your Fascinate into the computer via USB cable.

You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.

13.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 11. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

14.) Choose the CWMRecovery_DJ05_DL09_RED.tar.md5 you downloaded in step 3 above & click the Start button.
15.) Phone will power down when finished.
16.) Remove USB cable.
17.) Reinsert battery.
18.) Press & hold the volume up and down buttons at the same time. Do not let go. Now press and hold the power button. You will see the Samsung logo display, disappear, and then reappear. Now let go of all buttons.
19.) You should now see a list of menu items in red (this is CWR). If you don't the following will not work. In CWR red, you will use the volume buttons to scroll up and down, and the power button to choose a selected item.
20.) Select "install zip from SD card"
21.) Select "choose zip from SD card"
22.) Scroll down to the D30 zip file and click the power button. Then confirm that you really want to apply.
23.) When it's finished, use the left capacitive button to get back to the main screen. Select (it should already be) the reboot system now option, and push the power button.
24.) You should now have Froyo.

Once again....

If, after completing the upgrade, you are in a force close loop:

1) Boot into recovery and do a Wipe Cache.
2) If that doesn't work try a Wipe Data/Factory Reset in recovery mode.
3) Still not working: Try using ODIN to flash DL09.tar.md5 and then go through the upgrade steps again.
4) Still Force Closing? Do this.

***Credits***

punk.kaos in the XDA forums for posting the DL30 Froyo Build.
AC Adviser Adrynalyne for hosting and posting CWMRecovery_DJ05_DL09_RED.tar.md5 & DL09.tar.md5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow