pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
There's been a total lack of DNA 2 (DLX Plus) information for a few months now. Just curious if anyone's still anticipating this phone or would you wait out for something else?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
the butterfly s was the dna 2 more or less, it sadly never came to the US. I would love to have that phone. Its perfect in my opinion

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it looks like that got scraped maybe? it can still happen... faster processor, 32gb, and 3000+mah battery?
Unless there's another HTC Verizon exclusive in the works but unless it's really the DLX Plus, I don't see another HTC this year anyway.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have heard the news but only Motorola makes the droid line now for Verizon. No other manufacturer can produce them anymore, as Motorola signed an exclusivity contract with Verizon for full manufacturing rights to the droid line. That means no DNA 2.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have heard the news but only Motorola makes the droid line now for Verizon. No other manufacturer can produce them anymore, as Motorola signed an exclusivity contract with Verizon for full manufacturing rights to the droid line. That means no DNA 2.

Sad, but true.

The butterfly s can be found online for purchase in the us for ~700 or so. But its only usable on GSM networks and I'm not sure about the speed of data though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhh then, the bad *** DNA, a cult following indeed.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have an upgrade available now and I'm really tempted by the LG G2. I'm gonna have to spend some time with one at the Verizon store to see, mainly if it's doable size wise. DNA for me has been about the max I can handle as far as balancing a great screen with convenience. :p

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

They should be able to just call it the HTC DNA 2 I would think.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Lg g2 is a nice device and was tempted to switch to it but after playing around with one at a store i was quick to decide i can wait til something else. The next Nexus phone coming to vzw would be great but I'm not holding my breath BC of the CDMA requirement. I love the look of the G2 s front with its near bezel less screen but i actually think the HTC one and DNA screens looked better (personal opinion most likely) and the lg ui is freaking ugly. Still, great device and definite choice if i had anything less than the DNA.

Edit: the above is in response to pblaks post

Posted via Android Central App

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I do like the look of the G2, but the fact its got LG's software turns me away. Same reason I dont get Samsung devices, the UI. Im waiting for the next HTC phone before my next upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac