DNA wifi hotpot? ?

roadking2013

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm being told the DNA has a built in wifi hotpot? Does that mean you don't need to pay the $10 extra a month to Verizon per device if used??

Sent from my 2nd Brain....

roadking2013

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep share everything plan... is there a thread out there that goes into detail with the pros on the whole root thing you can point me to? ? Completely clueless to it? ?

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Head over to xda-developers or rootzwiki because they have great threads on rooting. If you accepted the new OTA released today then I'm not 100 percent sure you will be able to unlock your bootloader and root.

roadking2013

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
10-4 thanks, hopefully when the phone shows up in the mail tomorrow it still gives me the option on the update still and isn't already shipped out with it...

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are on a share everything plan then you don't need to root. Tethering is free with the share everything plans.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cloverkid

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Does the fattin hotspot widget work? I'm thinking of getting this phone, have unlimited data
and do NOT want to pay anymore for hotspot

Thanks

CK

cloverkid

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
OK let's ask another question. Is it possible to use ANY wifi hotspot with an unlimited data plan?
Rooting? A different ROM?

Thanks

CK

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK let's ask another question. Is it possible to use ANY wifi hotspot with an unlimited data plan?
Rooting? A different ROM?

Thanks

CK

If you are rooted, then YES, you can run a wifi tether app, even if you have unlimited data. The wifi tether app that most rooted users use has a few in-app settings that need to be set properly for it to work well. There are a few roms that have the wifi tether app built in, but generally if you are rooted, you just download it from the Play Store. I don't believe there are any roms that utilize the built-in wifi tether.

FYI: If you are on the 2.04 update on the DNA, and did NOT root/unlock your bootloader before, then there currently is no method to root/unlock your bootloader :(