Do all of you have this tiny "hole" in the back?

simony

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm talking about the back the phone (HTC One)....

Highlighted in the pic...

What's it for? Bought a case and it also opens up for that.... just looks weird...

Attachments

• htc-one-review-01_0.jpg
    htc-one-review-01_0.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 261

simony

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Really.. looks like it is a dent or something... I showed that to the tmobile sales person after I purchased it... we both thought it's chirped and he's willing to drop down the price for me instead of ordering a new one... but i guess it is designed to be that way???

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Really.. looks like it is a dent or something... I showed that to the tmobile sales person after I purchased it... we both thought it's chirped and he's willing to drop down the price for me instead of ordering a new one... but i guess it is designed to be that way???

lol, I hope you took him up on that offer to drop the price!!! His ignorance will benefit you... :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Noise canceling mic folks. Nothing to be alarmed about....although it could be a secret ploy by Samsung to make HTC one owners go crazy?? lol

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

So, that made more sense to him than checking out another one in the showroom and seeing that they both looked like that? Wow. Just, wow.

Good for you. You should go back and tell him that the hole is letting in extra noise while you are talking and you should get further discounts!

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
The second mike on the back picks up ambient noise and compares it with the front mike that you are talking into, from that it filters out background noise and gives a clearer signal.

It is a very clever system, unlike the training programme for phone salesmen!

Spaz888

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Ha, i thought that was the battery reset hole. I stuck a pin in it. lol. The placement of that hole is pretty stupid I think. Pretty much everyone has a case now on their phone so covering it defeats the purpose of the hole.

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't use a case on my phone, but I will say, any properly designed case for the One should leave a hole so that the noise cancelling mic can do its job. If you buy a case that doesn't leave a small hole for the noise cancelling mic (and this goes for any modern phone, as almost all of them have a noise cancelling microphone somewhere) then you have bought an incredibly poorly designed case.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Ha, i thought that was the battery reset hole. I stuck a pin in it. lol. The placement of that hole is pretty stupid I think. Pretty much everyone has a case now on their phone so covering it defeats the purpose of the hole.

No, the placement makes sense because it's on the back for noise cancelling and also in the same area as the antennas. Also, I've yet to see a case from a reputable company that doesn't leave a hole for this mic.

Sent from my HTC One :)

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If you stuck a pin in it you likely damaged the mic. The placement, as others have said, makes perfect sense for the purpose of the mic. If you're case didn't leave a gap for this mic then you should return it.

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Noise cancelling mic. It picks up the surrounding noise while on a call and helps cancel it out so you can better hear your phone call. Every case I have seen has a cutout for this hole.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582