Do you buy your phone accessories from Amazon?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
This is not specific to phones/accessories, but many returns to Amazon, Walmart, etc. end up being loaded on a trailer then either donated to some volume nonprofit (think Goodwill) or sold by the pallet or truckload to all sorts of groups/businesses. That product is then sold via auction by operators online, in thrift stores, and so on. There is a massive secondary market out there that comes from returns.
I'm aware of that as well! It still makes me wonder though because I buy various things and keep the best one like foot massagers. I'm not going to tell you guys how many I bought but let's just say I went through the majority of their lineup. Now if millions of people are doing this, that secondary market simply can't keep up is what I'm thinking. If they're making their money back through that market then I suppose it doesn't matter.

Reactions: J Dubbs

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You ever wonder if the item you're buying from Amazon has been a return from another person? I just find it hard to believe that all returns are not put back in inventory and resold as new.

Can't say how all returned items are handled, but if they have been opened & aren't totally defective, they should be headed to the Amazon Warehouse Sales Department.

I just returned a CD which didn't match the item description in the listing. I didn't open it, so I'd think that's back in their regular inventory.

Screenshot_20240217_051301_Samsung Internet.jpg

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Can't say how all returned items are handled, but if they have been opened & aren't totally defective, they should be headed to the Amazon Warehouse Sales Department.

I just returned a CD which didn't match the item description in the listing. I didn't open it, so I'd think that's back in their regular inventory.

View attachment 360022

I know I've sent a few phone cases back that *could* be sold as new, but they were open packages.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The only tech related item I sent back was DOA computer speakers. I plugged them into my motherboard and got no sound, so I boxed them up and sent them back for a refund and purchased another brand that work fine.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if I should buy the Spigen glas TR screen protector on Amazon. It costs almost half as much as it does from the company website. A lot of reviewers on Amazon have stated that they are having issues with the fingerprint reader, after installation. Is Amazon selling genuine Spigen products? I don't really want to waste the money to buy a couple of screen protectors from Amazon and a couple from Spigen to compare. I don't want to have to end up buying from Spigen, if there are issues with the ones from Amazon.
I buy all my Spigen products from Amazon. I am using a Spigen case and glass screen protector on my phone right now I bought from Amazon. The fingerprint sensor is sensitive. After applying any screen protector you should always reapply your fingerprints.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've always gotten the bulk of the cases I purchased from Amazon and never had a worry. Bought a glass screen protector from best buy before I had my phone in hand with holes there wouldn't be an issue, it caused issues with the fingerprint. Got a magglass (encased sister company ) screen protector and I haven't had one issue yet with the fingerprint.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos