Do you buy your phone accessories from Amazon?

nicksel

Feb 7, 2024
Visit site
I was wondering if I should buy the Spigen glas TR screen protector on Amazon. It costs almost half as much as it does from the company website. A lot of reviewers on Amazon have stated that they are having issues with the fingerprint reader, after installation. Is Amazon selling genuine Spigen products? I don't really want to waste the money to buy a couple of screen protectors from Amazon and a couple from Spigen to compare. I don't want to have to end up buying from Spigen, if there are issues with the ones from Amazon.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Usually the ones that come direct from the company will state so in the 'Sold by' section (anything from the manufacturer or sold by Amazon is usually a pretty safe bet). I've personally never had issues with items not being original, but I haven't tried lesser-known brands either. That being said, glass protectors have to be pretty well designed to not interfere with the FPS, but having anything on top of the screen is already going to introduce 'noise' (these are calibrated to the height of the screen glass, so anything beyond that is going to be 'out of spec'...question is by how much). So read reviews and they'll tell you what to expect (enough phones are out there at this point to have real user reviews).

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
In my experience as a long-time Prime customer, as long as the product is not from a 3rd-party seller, there is no need to be concerned whether it is genuine. In the rare event that there is a problem, Amazon has a generous and hassle-free return policy.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I've purchased many, many phone accessories from Amazon. If something doesn't meet my expectations, I just return it by printing out a return label from Amazon and dropping it off at my local UPS store.
You ever wonder if the item you're buying from Amazon has been a return from another person? I just find it hard to believe that all returns are not put back in inventory and resold as new.

Reactions: J Dubbs

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
You ever wonder if the item you're buying from Amazon has been a return from another person? I just find it hard to believe that all returns are not put back in inventory and resold as new.
This is not specific to phones/accessories, but many returns to Amazon, Walmart, etc. end up being loaded on a trailer then either donated to some volume nonprofit (think Goodwill) or sold by the pallet or truckload to all sorts of groups/businesses. That product is then sold via auction by operators online, in thrift stores, and so on. There is a massive secondary market out there that comes from returns.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
No, I've never wondered that. The people running Amazon are not stupid, and know that it would cause irreparable damage to their business if word got out that they were doing this. Fry's Electronics is a recent example of this happening. All their stores were large with huge selection and inventory, plus knowledgeable employees in every department. Yet they went out of business due in large part to the way they handled returns. Customer returns were hassle-free, but no one ever checked the items beyond the cursory glance at the time of return. They were simply resealed and resold. That, combined with the reduced foot traffic due to Covid, and they went bankrupt.