Do you feel you made a mistake?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've not read this about RAM. Please share your resource for this info.

https://www.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

It's toward the beginning; after the section of how your phone uses RAM. To a degree, this is more of a topic on why clearing RAM/task killers are counterproductive, but the adage of unused RAM is wasted stuck out in my mind here.

Assume for a moment the rumor of 10 or 12 GB of RAM on the S10, I view this as like buying an Audi R8 just to run down the block to pick up milk. What is needed for the OS, versus what is used, and what the phone comes with all should come into play in a buying decision.

Another source: https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/memory-overview

'For example, when a user first launches an app, a process is created for it; but when the user leaves the app, that process does not quit. The system keeps the process cached. If the user later returns to the app, the system reuses the process, thereby making the app switching faster.'

That indicates that the RAM is intended to be kept loaded in memory until it is needed later or deemed by the OS to be terminated.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok on the ram - but for instance - Ihad the S8 Plus before the Note 8. I "think"S8 plus was 4 gb, and note 8 was the first 6 gb is that correct. The Note 9 also has 6 Gb but Inotice this one and the Note 8, were snappier than the S8 PLUS. I use my phones pretty heavily and for a bunch of different things so I'm often moving around quite a bit in them.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't going to get the Note9. I have been happy with the Note 8 and from all I had read, there weren't enough upgrades to make me want to jump in with both feet...

Fast Forward to the past month. I had left my phone at the grocery store, at a bowling alley, and at a restaurant. Also during the last month, I have dropped my phone 4 times and a few lil drops. Once on the driveway, twice I slipped in the snow and last but not least, I knocked it off the desk and it hit the side of the dog bowl. Each time I left it behind or dropped it, I had the thought Oh well, I will just get the Note9... Well, The last drop into the dog bowl cracked the screen, So I went to AT&T first thing in the morning and got the Note9 128. Which brings me to my original question, Do you feel you made a mistake?

It has been under 48 hours and I am questioning my decision to get the Note 9... But I am questioning if I made a mistake by not getting the 512.

Because I had no interest in getting the Note 9, I didn't do any research on it. Since I got it, all I have been doing is research and I feel like I am on overload!

Some reports say the extra ram/storage doesn't make a difference. Some say it does, and some say you notice the difference but is it worth the extra money!

Since you have had yours, do you wish you would have gone with the 128 or 512 or are you happy with what you have (which is??)
I still have time to return it and get the 512. My question is should I, will I regret it later down the road if I don't? This part is silly but I didn't get the blue because of the yellow s-pen but if I do get the 512, I am thinking of getting the Blue and returning the Black.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your input!!

What are your needs.
A note 9 128gb phone with a SD card is a heck of a lot of phone.

How much of the 128 gb would you possibly use ?

Only you could answer this.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Update...

After reading the replies and looking at how much internal and external storage I had used, I was still a little torn between the 128 and the 512.

Sams Club was offering a $300 gift card with the purchase of a phone and activation but it was one day only... the only day I work. My local Sams Club doesn't sell AT&T so I would have to drive about 30 miles. ugh
But it got me thinking... Who else is running specials? I found a few brand new unlocked on eBay for WAY less than AT&T.

I got the 512 in Purple. Not my first or even 2nd choice of color but I got it for less than the 128 prices at AT&T...
:)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Ain't that a Blue.
Think Samsung made blue and silver
Think you might like your phone..

Don't know how I could ever use a 512 phone with a SD card.

How's it working.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Update...

After reading the replies and looking at how much internal and external storage I had used, I was still a little torn between the 128 and the 512.

Sams Club was offering a $300 gift card with the purchase of a phone and activation but it was one day only... the only day I work. My local Sams Club doesn't sell AT&T so I would have to drive about 30 miles. ugh
But it got me thinking... Who else is running specials? I found a few brand new unlocked on eBay for WAY less than AT&T.

I got the 512 in Purple. Not my first or even 2nd choice of color but I got it for less than the 128 prices at AT&T...
:)

Nice , my s9+ is purple (thanos color) if it was cheaper then 128 you made out good.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Ain't that a Blue.
Think Samsung made blue and silver
Think you might like your phone..

Don't know how I could ever use a 512 phone with a SD card.

How's it working.
They call it Lavender Purple, I think it looks more Pink, with a touch of Lavender...

I haven't started to transfer my files over yet, but so far I am happy!!

343108.jpg

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Nope, no mistake for me, 128/6 and don't regret that. With expandable storage the issue there isn't big (not that I need it!) And 6gb is more than enough for even a power user. Unless you are maxing out your phone as a power user and Dex a lot there isn't a difference imo.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I went with the 512Gb option because I didn't want to use a Sd Card and the 8Gb of Ram could future proof my purchase.

Also I had the disposable income and had £300 knocked off the price by handing my Samsung Galaxy s8 to Samsung.

I've not regretted the move since day 1