Do you workout with your beats headphones?

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i worry too much, but when i go on the treadmill and sweat my ass off i usually use an older pair of headphones. I worry that the sweat might get into the headphones and short them out or something. Am i just being paranoid? What do you guys do?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Generally, you should be ok. Your ears don't necessarily sweat, so the amount of moisture that will get into your earbuds is minimal.
However, just as you work out with old clothes to prevent ruining new clothes, I'd suggest you work out with old earbuds to avoid ruining new ones.

scott4nola

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Maybe i worry too much, but when i go on the treadmill and sweat my ass off i usually use an older pair of headphones. I worry that the sweat might get into the headphones and short them out or something. Am i just being paranoid? What do you guys do?

I was having the same concern. When I run on the treadmill, I sweat profusely and my ears get soaked. The old headphones I use get wet and occasionally so wet that one of them goes out until it dries out so even though I love the way the beats earbuds sound I have not used them for that same reason. I think I am gonna just stick with old ones at the gym. I would hate to sweat into the beats and ruin them.

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I played a gig with my band last night, and my normal buds that I use as in-ear monitors weren't working. So I hooked up my beats buds and used em all night. They sounded pretty good. a little too thick in the bottom end, a little too bright... But not bad. Anyway, they got me thru the 4 hour gig, and sweat did not cause any problems.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

JSE

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the Rezound and the Beats earbuds but I have ruined earbuds in the past when working out. I sweat like a horse. So, I will not use the Beats buds.

I currently use Yurbuds when working out. They sound just as good as the Beats and are made for exercising. I've been using them for about 6 months and they have held up nicely.

Reactions: TBolt

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I damaged a pair of headphones once while on the treadmill. Apparently sweat got inside the mic on the cord so whenever I tried to skip tracks it'd go crazy skipping songs back and forth. I still use headphones with a mic when I'm at the gym but only when I'm lifting since I tend to not sweat as much. On the treadmill though, never again.

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I am new to the Rezound and the Beats earbuds but I have ruined earbuds in the past when working out. I sweat like a horse. So, I will not use the Beats buds.

I currently use Yurbuds when working out. They sound just as good as the Beats and are made for exercising. I've been using them for about 6 months and they have held up nicely.

Thanks I was curious of sound quality compared to Yurbuds. They keep sweat from destroying headphones. I've opened previous non working headphones and seen how sweat can rust metal. Yurbuds keep sweat out!

goose8

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
The gym I go to has ellipticals and treadmills with built-in tvs. Whenever I try to plug in the Beats earphones, the sound is horrible - sometimes it only comes through one ear or doesn't work on all channels. Are they not compatible with other types of devices?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I use the Beats buds while riding a stationary bike, but I'll pick up some Yurbuds later - thanks for the referral!

Sanjiv Patel1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Maybe i worry too much, but when i go on the treadmill and sweat my *** off i usually use an older pair of headphones. I worry that the sweat might get into the headphones and short them out or something. Am i just being paranoid? What do you guys do?

My just replaced by Apple. It was less then year and left channel wasn't working, long story short it was smell like sh** from my sweat.

I'm going to put paper napkin before my ears.

Let see if it 's work..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred