Does a Tracfone Add Data card add storage my phone needs?

A

AC Question

My Tracfone Android doesn't have enough storage space to do anything other than call and text because Google keeps updating everything I don't want and using up the storage space. If I add a Tracfone Data Only card, would that let my phone work better so that I can download photos and use the Maps app etc.?
Thank you for any help!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I imagine it's referring to data in the sense of mobile data credit rather than data storage.
You may be able to make a bit of data storage available by clearing the cache in Settings, Storage, Cached Data.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If the phone has low internal storage - if it's a 4GB model, for example - there's nothing you can do to increase it. If it takes a microSD card, you can expand the storage space that way, and save some things, such as photos, to that.
I have an 8GB iPhone 4s, from which I occasionally have to delete things to free some storage, so I know how restrictive low-storage devices can be. In the case of iPhones, there is no option to use a micro-SD card, but it is an option on many Androids.

Also, welcome as a new member. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your phone supports it, you can go to Settings>Apps, select an app, and tap Move to SD. This will move a portion of the app to the SD card (although usually only a relatively small portion). But not all apps can be moved, and not all devices support this in the first place.

You can use any file manager app to move media files (like photos, videos, and music) or documents from Internal Storage to the SD card. Or you can connect the phone via USB and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC