Question Does an OTA update reinstall DELETED apps?

mars08

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
I got a new phone about a month ago and have got it working like I want. Did the ADB debloat and tweaked the settings.

Now I'm getting a message to do the Android 14 update.

Can someone please tell me if that will undo all my work? Will it reinstall all the original system apps and reset my optimisation? I'm not really worried about the user data.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Depend ds if the debloat froze or deleted the apps. Also depends on the make and model you didn't list. Some crappy phones can brick, some will work fine, some will unfreeze apps, some will just update what you have.

It is unlikely that an OTA will restore apps, especially if they are system apps unless said system app had an actual function which was updated

Reactions: mars08

mars08

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
Depend ds if the debloat froze or deleted the apps. Also depends on the make and model you didn't list. Some crappy phones can brick, some will work fine, some will unfreeze apps, some will just update what you have.

It is unlikely that an OTA will restore apps, especially if they are system apps unless said system app had an actual function which was updated
Thanks for the quick reply. It's a Moto G54.

I removed system apps using the "adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.xxxx.xxxx" command. Those that wouldn't uninstall, I disabled. I also got rid of the usual com.google.android.xxxx junk. I'm don't want to do the update, but Motorola is being very persistent.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. It's a Moto G54.

I removed system apps using the "adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.xxxx.xxxx" command. Those that wouldn't uninstall, I disabled. I also got rid of the usual com.google.android.xxxx junk. I'm don't want to do the update, but Motorola is being very persistent.
It's risky but IRRC and things may have changed since I had a Moto, you could disable the updater. I wouldn't advise it but it's a possibility.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
From what I've read that's no longer the case. The notification cannot be disabled.
You can intercept it and seamlessly remove it. I am NOT affiliated or in any way involved with the dev, just my experience. Only stating that because I don't think it was free but think it had a trial. It's by the maker of Tasker so it's at least trustworthy.

The app Auto Notification can automatically remove ANY notifications you was t automatically. So if it's just the nag that's bothering you, this should be your ticket.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reese har