Does anyone happen to know where the On/Off sleep sensor is located on the Nexus 9?

VikingBlue

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks- trying and so far failing to find out whereabouts HTC have situated the on/off sleep sensor within the nexus 9. On the nexus 7 it was on the bottom left bezel and I've tried the magnet test but without success :(
Any input or help greatly appreciated!!
Thanks Tony

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There seem to be magnets on all four sides. If I get my M8 to close to the screen in those areas it turns the phone on and off and even triggers the dot view screen at times.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you pass the magnet over the entire periphery of the front of the tablet, rather than concentrating on only one area?

VikingBlue

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys- thanks for your input! After checking the device, we found there are only two magnets on front of display
and rest are along both sides. I checked the OS to try to switch on/off the sleep mode but couldn't find any setup options.
I think the wake/sleep function might be activated another way and not magnetically like HP's new tablet..
am waiting for feedback from Google directly but any advice or help really appreciated..

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just put mine in a folio case that has the sleep/wake function and the sensor seems to be between the front camera and light sensor. There is no magnet in the cover there but instead a piece of steel. The case has magnets in the corners to hold the cover closed. There is more steel there in the cover for that.

7d96c1f0ebfbf8073db7864c16235eb0.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74