Does anyone have the 45 watt charger?

encelle111

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't find it on Amazon. Are there any good knockoffs? Is it worth it compared to the charger that comes with the phone? Same question for a car charger. Thanks!

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It is best to get the official Samsung 45watt charger. Unfortunately, the Note 10 plus requires software that is in the official Samsung 45 watt that enables the 45watt capabilities.

If I was in your situation, I would stick with the 25 watt charger that comes in the box until the 45 watt charger becomes more affordable. You're really looking at a 10 min difference in most cases.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I really don't think it's worth the price for the small gain in charging speed. As someone above said. It's only about a 10 minute gain.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Note 10/10+ is USB-C PD compliant, so any charger that is USB-C PD compliant will work.
To get the full 45W, you need that, plus PPS (Programmable Power Supply) compatibility. Most power delivery chargers use 15V 3A to get 45W. PPS uses 10V 4.5A.

That said, I don't think it's currently worth it to seek out a compatible charger. The one from Samsung is $50, and I'm not sure if any third party options exist yet. Those with the Samsung charger are reporting 0-100% charge times about the same as the 25W stock charger. I can dig up an article if you want, but long story short, I'm not surprised. It has to do with how fast you try to charge a Li-ion battery in the first charging stage. The faster that stage goes, the longer the second stage takes.

So the increased price, combined with questionable real world benefits, it's just not worth the extra money.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
To get the full 45W, you need that, plus PPS (Programmable Power Supply) compatibility. Most power delivery chargers use 15V 3A to get 45W. PPS uses 10V 4.5A.

That said, I don't think it's currently worth it to seek out a compatible charger. The one from Samsung is $50, and I'm not sure if any third party options exist yet. Those with the Samsung charger are reporting 0-100% charge times about the same as the 25W stock charger. I can dig up an article if you want, but long story short, I'm not surprised. It has to do with how fast you try to charge a Li-ion battery in the first charging stage. The faster that stage goes, the longer the second stage takes.

So the increased price, combined with questionable real world benefits, it's just not worth the extra money.
PPS is part of the USB-C PD spec.

https://www.testandmeasurementtips.com/whats-new-in-usb-power-delivery-3-0-faq/

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I received mine with the promotion... Not a bad charger... It's fast but looking at the prices I would wait

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Short answer: Yes
Is it worth it? Depends. It depends on if you are willing to spend extra for a device that shortens the charging time by a few minutes.

I have one but couldn't remember if note 10 was capable of it charging with it. I got it with my promotional $$ in a pkg. I've never use it. Need to try and sell it, I guess. But wanted to be sure it would work with note 10.I know 10+ will.
I don't need it. 😉

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have one but couldn't remember if note 10 was capable of it charging with it. I got it with my promotional $$ in a pkg. I've never use it. Need to try and sell it, I guess. But wanted to be sure it would work with note 10.I know 10+ will.
I don't need it.
Short answer: Yes
Is it worth it? Depends. It depends on if you are willing to spend extra for a device that shortens the charging time by a few minutes.
Can the 45w charger be used with note 10 and 10+?
ONLY Note 10+ is compatible with 45w charger.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
ONLY Note 10+ is compatible with 45w charger.

It is compatible with ANY device that adheres to the USB-C PD specification. I've already said that in a previous response.

"Keep up with the speed of business. This USB-C wall charger with 45 Watt Super Fast Charge capability uses Power Delivery (PD) to provide the most efficient charge possible. Any PD device, including Galaxy Note10, can charge at up to 45W. Other USB-C devices rates will vary."

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...wall-charger-ep-ta845xbegus%2F&token=fXqCW8HN

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use my 45 Watt charger all the time. I've never compared the 25 Watt to the 45 Watt charger, I have seen the videos. Both are fast, but let's be honest.. The 45 Watt comes in handy when you need a quick bump fast. I use mine in my car, I have a 120 inverter built in, as that is where time means more for fast charging. I did watch it one time, I went from 6% to 51% in 16 minutes. When you're talking short time of charging, every extra charge is a benefit. The 45 Watt charger is most beneficial when the battery is lower.

It's a steep price to pay for the extra bump. I only got mine because I had $30 left to spend to use the remainder of my $150 gift promo. I don't think I would recommend buying it since the one in the box is pretty fast also. Now if you had to buy a extra house charger, the 25 Watt is $35, I would probably pay the extra $15 to bump up to the 45 Watt charger. Watch for sales, maybe Samsung will run a special. I would also suggest sticking with the Samsung 45 Watt charger being it's bumping it up pretty good, this isn't the time to get cheap, as a lot of times you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't find it on Amazon. Are there any good knockoffs? Is it worth it compared to the charger that comes with the phone? Same question for a car charger. Thanks!
No knockoffs yet. Most chargers that use PPS don't have the 4.5A step. No car charger available yet. I have two of the 45w chargers. It's worth it for me. Makes a difference when you're in the low percentage ranges.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

A part of it, but I didn't think it was a requirement because no one was using it until the N10+ and the Samsung 45W charger came around. Look at the actual output ratings of other PD3.0 chargers and the required 10V @ 4.5A wasn't available. That's why it has been so critical to get the Samsung charger if you want the full 45W. There was several members here that tried other 45+W PD 3.0 chargers and found them unable to deliver on the N10+.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
A part of it, but I didn't think it was a requirement because no one was using it until the N10+ and the Samsung 45W charger came around. Look at the actual output ratings of other PD3.0 chargers and the required 10V @ 4.5A wasn't available. That's why it has been so critical to get the Samsung charger if you want the full 45W. There was several members here that tried other 45+W PD 3.0 chargers and found them unable to deliver on the N10+.
Samsung has said it is USB-C PD compliant:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...b7d88ff92c11e980d801d90a1c0e13&token=rUL5l8ta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome