Does Galaxy Tab S4 support OTG USB devices?

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got my wife a new (WiFi) Tab S4. Works great.

We are going on a trip, and in the past have used Photo Mate R3 on a prior Samsung tablet, with an OTG adapter to directly connect her Canon 7D via USB in order to import photos from the camera to the tablet.

I am using the same hardware, other than a USB-C to MicroUSB adapter for the OTG cable. But the tablet doesn't seem to be seeing the connection. I have the Photo Mate app installed, and the import function, which was able to 'see' her camera on the prior older Samsung tablet, only sees the internal memory and SD card.

I'm trying to figure out where the problem is, and need to confirm that the Tab S4, with Oreo, does in fact support OTG connections for external devices. I searched the official user manual, but OTG doesn't appear.

Thanks.

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Never mind. I just found the specific OTG adapter that came with the S4, and this works fine. The previous USB 2.0 OTG adapter, even with the USB-C adapter, wasn't recognized.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, seems like you found it, but yeah, this supports OTG as long as they don't require too much power (otherwise you need the adapter to be an externally-powered one)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly