Does MST only work with Samsung Pay?

pauly814

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Does MST only work with Samsung Pay? Or do other apps on a Samsung device that has this tech, have access to it?

For example would Google Pay be able to use MST or only NFC on the Samsung Note 10+?

And would there be any reason/advantage to use google pay instead of Samsung Pay?
Thanks.

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I can only answer the second part, since I've never used Google Pay, but Samsung Pay offers lots of incentives, rewards, and freebies both for local businesses and in general. It's always been super smooth and I've never had any issues with any retailers. For that reason alone I've never had any reason to stray. I just got a Samsung store credit for $10 just for checking into a t-mobile store during the preorder as just one example.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
LG does it as well on their G8. Although they call theirs WMC technology which has the functionality. Samsung pay is still far superior with all of the financial institutions it supports.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's a feature of Samsung pay not the device itself. On Samsung devices, only Samsung pay can use both MST and NFC payments. If you want to use Google pay then you can only make NFC payments just like Google pay on any other non Samsung device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty