Does not charge while having screen turned ON

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
Hello, my Galaxy Tab S does not charge while screen is turned ON anymore. It's 3 years since I got it, it worked perfecly back then, but in late 2017 it suddenly could not charge while screen is ON. No matter what I do on it, it drains battery. Once I turn it OFF, it will charge, but very, very slow. Usual time of charging is 4-5 hours, but now it expands to 13-14. I tried anti-viruses, just in case I got something bad from Internet, but no hope. Tablets as this can't be bought in my country, so please don't tell me to buy a new battery or anything else. I also tried adjusting settings, but even in super battery saving mode it just drains the battery.

Please, if anyone has idea what should I do to fix this tell me, I can't really use it for anything long without having charger applied to slow down draining.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it doesn't sound like a software issue but a hardware one. I know it's not what you want to hear, but that's what it is. It could be a faulty charging circuit or a dying battery. Either way it needs to be repaired.

Before that, I would try charging in Safe Mode (that rules out any app causing issues), and trying a different charger/cable to ensure the issue isn't with the power source.

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
I tried different chargers, the one im using now have been much powerful than original, it was 7 hours per 100%. It lasted 1 month like that and started to slow down. Maybe it's problem because of a charger, but if it is battery what should I do? Can somebody fix that or I have to buy new one?

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
I just noticed something. In my settings General/Battery the screen takes 125% of battery usage. I don't remember it that high. Last time I checked that was months or year ago and it must have been under 60%. That could be the reason why does it not charge when turned ON, but I'm not professional as you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To rule out software, boot up your tablet into Safe Mode. If it charges properly there, then yeah, an app is causing issues. But if it doesn't charge normally in Safe Mode, it's pretty certain that hardware is the issue.

If the battery is damaged or nearing its end of life, it is replaceable, but it's not an easy task that you can just do yourself unless you're REALLY savvy with repairs. The parts can be purchased directly from Samsung (but if you're not a service rep, they're going to ask you to repair with them) or online; problem with that is you might not get an original part or, if you choose to go with a 3rd party OEM, not a very-good quality one. Easiest way (if not the cheapest) is to take it to a repair shop and have them handle it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2