Does Secure Folder not have the same contact/calendar options aymore? (note20 ultra)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Are there no options for contacts & calendar to be shown outside of the Secure Folder on Note 20? Also, the "Hide contact on Lock screen" option is not present either.

I tried to import the old Secure Folder setting from Note9 and I also tried a new Secure Folder setup and still, these options do not show.

The "Contacts and Calendar" option and the "Hide content on Lock screen" are missing from the Notification and data page under the Secure Folder option on Note 20... Therefore, there is no way I can show the information inside and outside of the Secure Folder for calendar and contacts. The "show data info" is checked but it doesn't show when any saved contacts info from the Secure Folder texts os calls.

These options were present in Note 9 and worked perfectly. Does anyone have this issue?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert on Secure Folder, but to me it would stand to reason that if you put your Contacts and Calendar apps on this folder the information obtained from them would not be accessible outside of the folder. I mean the point is to hide the apps and the information contained within and if putting the app in the secure folder still allowed the information to be accessible that would seem to defeat the purpose...?

Not sure what is trying to be hidden in the contacts but Contacts already has a hidden contact option that prevents the contact from showing up when calls are received. I don't know how it handles SMS but many SMS apps also have a private mode for selected contacts. Now SMS, that's the name of the app, Now SMS, has a really good one that can be silenced, placed into a private folder and have a PIN or password requirement.

I don't know of anything for keeping a calendar secure.

Type "Lock" in the settings screen search bar and look for Lock Screen>Notifications, you'll find a simple toggle but if you touch the word Notifications you can customize Notifications to show.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001