Does the HOX really need a case?

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I scratched my screen the first day with a set of keys in my pocket for only a few minutes! Right in the middle half inch long sucks.

Can someone explain how this happens with gorilla glass 2. I see videos on YouTube with folks hammering nails in wood with other gorilla glass phones and no scratch or broken screen yet this guy puts it in his pocket and a key scratches the screen could this really not ha e gorilla glass?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain how this happens with gorilla glass 2. I see videos on YouTube with folks hammering nails in wood with other gorilla glass phones and no scratch or broken screen yet this guy puts it in his pocket and a key scratches the screen could this really not ha e gorilla glass?

I don't know. I have a few hairline scratches on mine too. Had it for less than a week. Luckily I'm getting it replaced because of a build quality issue.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been using a case, but I carry the phone in a completely empty pocket, never lay it face down, etc. No noticeable scratches so far. I couldn't bring myself to wrap that sleek machine and hide its form.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the international HOX (love it btw) and bought a simple Gel Case for it ( Expansys). Off topic, I highly recommend Expansys. :D

Czar_of_Berry

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Never been able to use a case for longer than a day or two with any of my phones. Only broken one screen and believe it or not it was a blackberry 9900 (not an iPhone or hox). I understand why people use cases but they are just not for me

ysleep

May 3, 2012
Visit site

I read on a site somewhere that the HTC one X uses the older version of Gorilla Glass not the version 2. Version 2 is thinner but not stronger from what I recall reading.
I have the wet Zagg on mine for now.

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've read that the iPhone 4/4s has gorilla glass. Imho people rave about gorilla glass but I've seen them with plenty of scratches especially working in mobile, and especially the accidents and scratches on iPhones, I don't trust GG as far as I can throw it. Yes its better than standard but its still glass.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 4s or 4 does not have gorilla glass. Of that I am sure. With the kind of drops I see on the thing as compared to even previous versions of the phone, it just don't match up. The glass on that thing is fragile...

My HTC One X which has gorilla glass holds like a champ.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29