Does the Moto X cyber Monday deal change your plans?

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 6 arrives on Cyber Monday from Motorola. All in (tax and insurance) it'll be close to $820 for 32GB.

The 32GB X on the Cyber Monday deal will be about $300 cheaper ($275 cheaper with wood).

Tempting tempting tempting.

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the nexus 6 64gb a week ago sold it and have been trying to order another one have it on back order with tmobile. But the price does look good. I might cancel my order today and think about it some more till monday. Don't see tmobile getting any in Stock anytime soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's A LOT of money, so yeah, I'd imagine this sweetens the deal. However, you're not talking about the same phone, even though they share DNA (as our very own AC review put it).

Also, and I have to admit that I never considered nor am I considering ever buying a Nexus 6 or a Moto X, when you pit the reviews of the Nexus 6 VS the new Moto X, I wouldn't go for the N6 even if the Moto X was at full retail price.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm replacing a (2014) Moto X with a nexus 6 which I just got yesterday and so far I'm VERY glad i did so. The Moto X is a great phone, but the screen on the nexus 6 is amazing, external speakers are better, and despite what some reviewers have said it seems to be running very very smoothly for me, even moreso than the X. Having an extra row for more icons and/or larger widgets is also nice. (That gargantuan size does have some benefits!)

It also has some of the key things I liked about the moto x (lock screen dimly lights up whenever phone is moved, always listening for 'ok google' even when sleeping...). The other main advantage is the camera, which I'm actually happy with so far, as opposed to just 'ok' with.

It really comes down to whether or not you think the extra resolution and screen real estate is something you want (along with bigger phone dimensions/weight.) and is worth the premium price. For me the answer is a definite yes. Either one is a great phone, and that is a great deal for the moto x. I hope you have a great time with whatever you choose!

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just took possession of my Nexus 6 a few hours ago. Have the new AT&T nano Sim in too. I'm really liking it. Not as big as I feared but still really tentative when handling it until I get some physical protection on it.

SwiftKey keyboard shifted to the side in mini mode is perfect for one-handed one-thumb operation.

As much as the X deal tempts me, I may not chase it.

gothand

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Was already thinking of jumping ship on the 64gb I have on (back)order from TMobile and going with the Moto X. Think this seals the deal for me. I'm used to the larger screen with the Note 3, and as many times as I love the large screen, there are other times when I'm using it and wish it were a bit smaller. The one thing I think I will miss with the Moto X is the wireless charging. I've never had it, but already bought a charging pad in anticipation of it. Life is about compromise, so we shall see.

Hope the sale doesn't turn into a cluster*%#@ like the N6 launch. Sigh.

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you. Waiting on a 64GB N6 from T-mobile but i am tired of the wait and may jump on this deal. This Nexus launch has been the worst so far I think.

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Was already thinking of jumping ship on the 64gb I have on (back)order from TMobile and going with the Moto X. Think this seals the deal for me. I'm used to the larger screen with the Note 3, and as many times as I love the large screen, there are other times when I'm using it and wish it were a bit smaller. The one thing I think I will miss with the Moto X is the wireless charging. I've never had it, but already bought a charging pad in anticipation of it. Life is about compromise, so we shall see.

Hope the sale doesn't turn into a cluster*%#@ like the N6 launch. Sigh.

I am in the same boat as you. Waiting on a 64GB N6 from T-mobile but i am tired of the wait and may jump on this deal. This Nexus launch has been the worst so far I think.

Winkzz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If I wasn't on Verizon and could get a pure edition I would take advantage of this offer, but I don't want a carrier branded phone so I'll wait for a N6

Posted via the Android Central App

gothand

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

I had every intention of jumping on the Moto X deal; however, my current Note 3 has been giving me fits and either locking up or powering off inexplicably without warning, tone, vibrate, etc. Since I also use this phone as my primary business contact I couldn't wait. Figuring the Moto X would only have 32 gb as well, I dropped into the local T-Mobile store and picked up the blue 32gb. I then moved service to AT&T and activated and am cooking with gas. All things being equal, I'd rather have the 64gb. In my case, all things are not equal so I had to pull the trigger. AT&T coverage actually works better for my wife so it's not all bad.

ps, the TMo rep this morning told me there was not inventory and couldn't give me an idea when mine would come. Go see, I haven't canceled the order yet and it'll show up Monday morning :-/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac