Does the S21 come with a pre-installed film screen protector?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
But I thought people hated those flimsy plastic protectors Samsung included on the S20. So many posts about how people couldn't wait to take them off lol.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Because the useless carriers want to upsell expensive screen protectors. I like to blame the US carriers for anything and everything

Most normal people won't shop for screen protectors from Amazon or elsewhere, they will just follow whatever the sales rep says.

And they don't want to just put on the US unlocked model since it helps to have the same stuff for all the US variants. They all are the same phone with different firmwares. So makes sense it's either on all US variants or not on any.

Obviously that's my take but I'll go with that

The only US phone I had with screen protector was my s10+ , could be like BHAtech mentioned .
Yes... I think that BHAtech may well have hit the nail on the head. U.S. carriers have a history of screwing their customers over.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
But I thought people hated those flimsy plastic protectors Samsung included on the S20. So many posts about how people couldn't wait to take them off lol.
Yup. Some people want a preinstalled protectors; some people are indifferent; some people remove it to install a better one; and some people remove it to keep the screen bare. When the protector is included, the first group of customers is being subsidized by the other three groups.

Shally Mamiz

Banned
Oct 7, 2021
Visit site
The US S20's and S21's versions do not come with a factory installed screen protector.

Yes, the screen protector was not available for US customers, and it's very frustrating. As to protect my S21 display I had to install a liquid screen protector from Gadgetshieldz which is at an affordable price. This protector is thin and strong which gives good protection for my display.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Which film protector did you order?

For all of my previous phones, I had gone with the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector for the particular device. Unfortunately, their S21 Ultra ones sucked.... ROYALLY.

I eventually found this glass screen protector and have been THOROUGHLY happy. The install takes a few minutes longer. But, the alignment is PERFECT and it is nearly impossible to tell it is there. It works with all the cases my wife and I have.

My wife did not have to reprogram her fingerprints after. I did. But, after reprogramming, the fingerprint sensor is as flaw free as the naked screen (and hers is as well even though she did not reprogram.

amFilm 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RYXF8F6?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7010913