Don't ever try to change the pre-order shipping address from Verizon

psp219

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
On April 1st, I woke up at 3 AM to order the new Galaxy S6 Edge. At the time, I was unable to change the shipping address as it was only allowed to be shipped to the billing address on the account, which is my parents house.

The next day, my father called Verizon to get the shipping address changed. They said they put in a ticket and it was done. However, when I called in the two days later, the representative revealed to me the shipping address was still the original CA address. I tried to get the address changed again. He said he had submitted a ticket to change it.
The next day, I called again to make sure the shipping address was changed. Again, another ticket was submitted.
On Wednesday night, when the phone shipped out, I saw on Fedex the package was still going to California. I call in again to speak to a supervisor. Her words, "I will personally make sure the package gets delivered to you".

One day later, Fedex tracking shows the package already left Memphis and is IN TRANSIT to California. I call in again and ask why this is. The rep apologizes and credits $25 to my account. 25 dollars for years of $300 dollars a month.

Today, finally Friday. I check the tracking and this is what I ******* get.

Imgur [1]

I call Fedex to see if it's something on their end. The rep told me Verizon requested for the package to be delayed because they had an address issue. Now, they are sending the package back to New York. The catch? Delivery day of Thursday April 15th. 6 days behind schedule and they refuse to change it to overnight shipping. After sending the package to the wrong address.

I'm done waiting for these packages to be delayed again and again so I went to the Corporate Verizon store near me to purchase a full retail priced phone to use temporarily and pay the restocking fee. Nope, they won't sell it to me. After 1-2 hours of yelling and cursing in the retail store, they finally decide to give me the phone for full retail price. Now, I am sitting here with a Black 64GB Edge in my hand waiting for the white one to show up on Thursday. My plan is to swap the sims in the phones once the white one gets here and return the black one and pay a restocking fee.

The question is :

Once I get the white one, can I activate that one and return the Black one and pay a restocking fee?
In the store, the rep actually activated the black one on my account and in MyVerizon it registers as "Two year contract". Can I still activate the white one?

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can activate it. Now why it says a two year contract and you paid full price is not correct. Unless your pre-order was a 2 year contract, I'd be asking Verizon to fix it.

It seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a few days - you don't have a temp phone?

Posted via my S5 or Turbo.

psp219

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
ibcop, I paid the full retail price because they wouldn't sell me the phone for 2 year contract pricing because it is still in transit.

psp219

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Sim is removable. You should be able to swap with no issues. I did this with my note 4 and S5.

So should swapping the sims just be enough? I don't need to activate it with a verizon rep or online again right? Also, I can return the black colored phone to any corporate verizon store right? It doesn't have to the particular one I bought it from?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for your troubles. In the future, just cancel and reorder.

Swapping sims would activate the white one on your line.

Also any corporate store can take it back, but I had to raise a stink just to get an accessory returned at a different corporate store. They told me no multiple times, and finally acquiesced. So I would strongly recommend returning it to the original store

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

psp219

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for your troubles. In the future, just cancel and reorder.

Swapping sims would activate the white one on your line.

Also any corporate store can take it back, but I had to raise a stink just to get an accessory returned at a different corporate store. They told me no multiple times, and finally acquiesced. So I would strongly recommend returning it to the original store

If they don't let me return at the Verizon store, I don't even know if I can raise a stink anymore. These reps are just so braindead and don't seem to care about anything except their numbers. What method worked for you? Just yelling?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If they don't let me return at the Verizon store, I don't even know if I can raise a stink anymore. These reps are just so braindead and don't seem to care about anything except their numbers. What method worked for you? Just yelling?

I would go back to the store level headed. I know the situation stinks, but I guarantee you if you go in with guns drawn (figuratively speaking of course), no one will want to help you. Go in and explain what happened with the address snafu and what you did in the meantime. I'm sure they will get you squared away although I have seen where the store will have to return the online order back to Verizon. Hopefully they can just simply take it but you never know.

I agree with you about the reps and thankfully I have one at my store I deal with exclusively.

psp219

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I would go back to the store level headed. I know the situation stinks, but I guarantee you if you go in with guns drawn (figuratively speaking of course), no one will want to help you. Go in and explain what happened with the address snafu and what you did in the meantime. I'm sure they will get you squared away although I have seen where the store will have to return the online order back to Verizon. Hopefully they can just simply take it but you never know.

I agree with you about the reps and thankfully I have one at my store I deal with exclusively.

I don't know about you but when I go in with guns drawn things always seem to be done. When I go in with a level head, they seem to think I'm weak and just a pushover.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear your troubles. I pre-ordered mine from a Verizon store and am having it shipped to my office (128GB not available until 4/17). When I got my receipt emailed to me I saw it had my company name, but not mine. So I called Verizon to see if they could fix it to add my name to the shipping address. The woman I spoke to at Verizon warned me that whenever they try to fix a shipping address it gets messed up and I was better off to cancel and re-do it. I decided my office is small enough that I can just tell the guy who gets the FedEx packages to make sure it gets to me. Too bad you didn't speak to the rep I got.

nikitathedog

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah when I ordered mine I caught it before the deal was finalized. I asked for it to be shipped to a different address since someone had to sign for it. Good thing I did and I double checked it with him before I got off the phone.

Also for what ever reason the mailing address they have is an old address when I log in but it was correct when I spoke to the guy on the phone. Go figure. I change the billing address on the computer to now be correct.

psp219

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Heh the reason why I was worried to change the shipping address was I didn't want to wait in a queue. I thought it would be like the release of the iPhone and if they cancelled my pre-order, I would be moved to the back of the line.

In terms of ordering on their website, I couldn't change the address to anything other than the billing address which was my parents house.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Remain firm but never lose your cool. If they say no, just keep repeating the question in a slightly different manner. For me, after repeating the request about 3-4 times, they agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21