Don't kill me.

Garretlb

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I recently switched over from AT&T to Sprint, and I picked up the Galaxy Nexus. (last week)

Anyways, I have about 8 more days to decide if I want to keep the Nexus (which i LOVE), or to switch to the S3.

I'm really torn between the decision, because for one.. I love the stock android. The screen on the Nexus is gorgeous. It's a great phone. My battery life sucks. I also really dislike the fact it's got a 5MP camera. (came from an iPhone 4S) But the S3, well..we all know the differences between the two. Since I wont be able to upgrade with a discount for 2 yrs, should I keep the Nexus, or swap it in for the S3? The only thing that bugs me is that the Nexus has the 5MP camera. That's really the only issue to me.

I know the question is probably asked around here, a LOT and it might be beating a dead horse...but I'd appreciate any (helpful) answers.

Thanks.

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Swap it for the GS3. Better camera, better SoC resulting in better battery life, and the 2 gigs of RAM should make the phone future proof.

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If you like stock Android, Buy the GSIII and wait for CM9 to be tweaked. Once you have a functional CM9 you can have the best of both worlds.

qhinton

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You can go wrong with either. What is jelly bean comes out everybody will be talking about oh when is my galaxy going to get jelly bean. You will have been had it for a few months before they even think about update the galaxy. On the other hand the galaxy looks pretty awesome and it will be the top dog. So basically you look at that updates verses specifications.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the ones who say return it for the S3.

You can always replace the touchwiz launcher with something closer to stock...also when it comes to updates to jellybean...the cdma nexus line has been slow to update in any case. I would think getting the update on the newer phone would have a better chance of being first....but even if it doesn't the dev community will ahve a JB rom you could use until the official one comes out.

Garretlb

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Alright, thanks for the advice everyone. Pretty much was leaning toward the S3 anyways. I'll walk into my local Sprint retailer tomorrow and see if they have it.

Quick question though, since the phone screens have the same resolution and all, but the S3 has a bigger screen, will pixels really be noticeable? Or would it really be the same compared to the nexus? I had an HTC Vivid when they launched and I couldn't STAND the screen. The Nexus has a nice screen. Love how sharp the colors are. I'm pretty sure the S3 SHOULD be the same right? Heard there's like 10 less PP, or whatever the abbreviation is. haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020