Downloaded 5.1.1 but won't install?

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I checked for the update it was available so I downloaded it. I hit install and my phone restarted. After the restart I got a message that the install was interuppted and could not install. How do I get it to install?

I tried to check for the update again but it says I am up to date and check back in 22 hours. It shows I am still on 5.0.1. What do I do? Just wait? I am on AT&T.

written on this little black magic box

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
You should wait out the time. My dad's phone did this and it was because of insufficient storage. Try freeing up more space it took 8 gbs of free storage before it would install on my dad's phone. Hope this helps.

Posted via Lg g3 Running Cyanidel Android 5.1.1

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
In case waiting it out doesn't help:

In the past, when this happened to me, it was because I had a rooted phone, that I had un-rooted. I had to flash the OEM software through Odin then update to the current software.

If you've never been rooted, I would recommend doing a factory reset, then trying the update again....or take your phone to Samsung Bar, like a Best Buy and see if they can flash the 5.1.1 update.

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I got it to update! Not sure what worked. I moved 5gb of files to the SD card and cleared the app cache. I also enabled all the bloatware I disabled. Then I set the day ahead and checked for updates. It installed. Thanks guys.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I got it to update! Not sure what worked. I moved 5gb of files to the SD card and cleared the app cache. I also enabled all the bloatware I disabled. Then I set the day ahead and checked for updates. It installed. Thanks guys.

Do you mind saying which bloatware they were. I downloaded the update last night went to install, started it and the phone just reset. Powered off then back on and it never did the update. I checked the update again says to check back in 96 hours!!

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you mind saying which bloatware they were. I downloaded the update last night went to install, started it and the phone just reset. Powered off then back on and it never did the update. I checked the update again says to check back in 96 hours!!
It was all the AT&T stuff with the exception of AT&T live and the mobile app. The rest were crap I could use free else where. I also had disabled play books, news stand, games, and the rest except for play services and the play store.

As stated above make sure you have at least 8GB of free storage. Clearing the app caches will help with that. I had 4gb in app cache.

If you want to try again, change your date under date and time. Move it to a day after the 96 hours. It will screw with calendar reminders but you should be able to start the download again. You can change it back after it updates.

There seems to be other users running into this. Some of the above advice came from a search on it.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It was all the AT&T stuff with the exception of AT&T live and the mobile app. The rest were crap I could use free else where. I also had disabled play books, news stand, games, and the rest except for play services and the play store.

As stated above make sure you have at least 8GB of free storage. Clearing the app caches will help with that. I had 4gb in app cache.

If you want to try again, change your date under date and time. Move it to a day after the 96 hours. It will screw with calendar reminders but you should be able to start the download again. You can change it back after it updates.

There seems to be other users running into this. Some of the above advice came from a search on it.

Thanks for that tidbit. I actually have over 16gbs free space on the actual phone. So I'll try the whole skip the system ahead and try again tomorrow. Hope it works then. Or else I'll have to wait it out or even go to a best buy store and have it flashed there.

Eckoyas

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
First two times it did not installed. Read your post and It worked. Thank you sooooo much. Updated all apps I could. Cleaned up over 8gm of space, and changed it to tomorrows date. Checked, downloaded and installed.

MarkyMarkUK

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Can't believe the programmers of Android could not write in to the update the ability to check for available space, and inform the user to make more room for the update!!! Surely its simple to do, and common sense!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non