DROID 2.1 Update thread.

R

Roy Aguilera

I'll believe it when i see it
we've been told soon since 2.01 and now it's the 30th and all the sudden poof
here's 2.1 ya ya i just wont believe till i have it on my droid

Seriously, with all due respect don't believe me. I didn't ask for anyone to believe me.
You can believe whatever you want.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Really, Im happy for you guys that have been waiting so long for this.... I have been on 2.1 for a long time though.... lol

I agree. This is nice and all....but I don't see any reason this is better than Cyanogenmod or UD or BB or anything. No reason for me to head back to stock.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Btw, anyone else notice it was ESE81 (are my eyes just bad?)? I wonder what it has to offer asides from stuff that's already available out there in the ROM-verse.

R

Roy Aguilera

That picture is cool and all, but didn't the UK update happen yesterday? Without the Verizon Wireless logo visible at the bottom of the phone, I just can't believe that. For all we know, that could have come from France on a Milestone. I'm just sayin'.

device.png

Looks totally different to me.
Anyways, too much negativity here. I'm out.
Last post in this thread, unless it gets out of hand and it gets locked.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm excited! However, I'm not going back to stock just yet. I'll wait it out and see where this goes. I'm quite happy with my rooted Droid. I'll see what happens as far as ROM updates go over the next couple of weeks. Unless someone reports something previously unknown and super spectacular that came with the OTA...

captriker

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it would be good to provide everyone with instructions (or a link) on what to do if the update arrives so they may capture the update.zip file before the update is applied.

If I understand it, you have to get the notification, allow the update to be pushed to the phone, but not install it. Copy the file off the SD card, then reinsert and reboot the phone.

I'll aslo assume (can someone confirm) that a minimum ammount of space is needed on the SD card to allow the update to go through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abventz