DROID 2.1 Update thread.

packisback

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any improvements to the music player? I thought the initial release said there would be improvements, but I haven't seen it mentioned since then.

G

GenericMessage

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am curious as to how you actually know that.

How are these unofficial updates vetted to ensure that they are, in fact, identical to the official OTA updates?

Sir, these updates ARE official.

When someone gets "chosen" to receive the OTA, it means its fully downloaded a .zip file to their memory card (update.zip).

They just opted to be nice, declined the update, copied the .zip file, and shared it with everyone.

Do not worry, everyone gets the SAME file. We're just doing the distribution!

atkins400

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, isn't this awesome new gallery app suppose to incorporate any picasa web albums directly into the app on your phone. I can't find anywhere how to set this up.....

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Manually updated to 2.1 this morning. Glorious install without any problems at all. Love all the new features, the News and Weather app is great. Something I noticed with the new News/Weather app you can now "Share Story" from within the app. I don't think I was able to do this with the News app on 2.0.1.

dangerboy13

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
bllarkin, I most definitely do not have a check box to sync photos. What am I missing here?

Not sure, it should be in the Settings > Accounts > click on your Google account. It should be between "Sync Gmail" and "Sync Calendar". I know this sounds dumb, but you did install the update, right?

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well, I have it, from the manual update. And I must say, I'm underwhelmed. Would have really liked some more home screens -- I guess if it's faster & uses less memory, I'm ok. But it's sort of an anti-climax after all this waiting.....

LCH

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
tried several times to no avail.
it says "E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)"
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I made sure the file name is update, I also tried update.zip so what am I doing wrong? LCH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose