Droid 3 to release next month?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Technobuffalo just reported that a tipster sent them a tip saying that the Droid 3 will be released sometime in June sans LTE. Yes quite disappointing to those who were hanging onto the possibility that it may ship as an LTE compatible device.

No additional details were given in regards to specs or actual release dates.

So there you have it. Looks like a June release.....

Check out the full article on Techno Buffalo

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a worthy upgrade from the OG Droid. Droid 2 just wasn't that impressive. qhd is a must going forward with any phone.

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
Lets face it the D2 was an internal copy of the DX do if the DX2 didn't have LTE why would the D3? LTE at this point in the game is not a decision maker for me. I live in a LTE area but as soon as I head off to work I loose it and when I go many of the places I go on a daily basis. Battery life is also a big issue. I actually want a 3G phone for now.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Its all but certain the Droid 3 will only be 3G. At VZW, we had a recent meeting with our call center director. He was showing us a slideshow of our results, performance and whatnot. Near the end, he showed a few slides of our recent and upcoming lineup, one slide for 3G phones, the other for 4G. The Droid 3 was in the 3G phone slide, the 4G slide had the Thunderbolt, Bionic, Revolution and Charge.

I can hold out faint hope that the Droid 3 may be upgradable to LTE in the future (like the current Xoom), or they'll launch a 4G version shortly afterwards. :'(

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why it wouldn't be LTE, I mean Verizon puts a lot into their droid lineup.

Because the device would be a ridiculous looking brick. Have you ever wondered why ALL of the LTE handsets announced have been 4.3 inch giants and still been thick? It would simply be impossible to fit in the necessary technology without making the phone absurdly proportioned.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Because the device would be a ridiculous looking brick. Have you ever wondered why ALL of the LTE handsets announced have been 4.3 inch giants and still been thick? It would simply be impossible to fit in the necessary technology without making the phone absurdly proportioned.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

The original Droid was kinda ridiculous brick looking. :p

djstar2k2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i think a point everyone is missing is that lte and dual core dont work together. all lte phones are single core. and the only spec i really need to know if this thing gonna be slurred up as the captive buttons suggest or if mr moto will pull a lg gx2 and keep it vanilla. i certainly hope its vanilla cuz im gonna upgrade for another this and the incredible 2 for moms

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon insider BlackmanX tweeted a while back that until LTE radio revisions were approved, we wouldn't see any 4" LTE devices because to cram LTE in that small a package led to overheating issues.

MisterObvious#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually excited for this phone and when my contract is up in Sept. I may consider either this or if there is a new iPhone out. I like the fact that it has a nice physical keyboard.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If they manage to release a GSM version (Think : MileStone 3) before July\August
I Might consider getting one instead of the Atrix , since everything leaked about it was tempting
i.e. refreshed design , Dual-Core CPU , new screen (4" qHD) , New Keyboard (although it won't manner to me . since i only use the On-screen keyboard in my MileStone) , 8mp camera , HDMI out (to me its way better than the "HML*") & most importantly its BLACK !!! (Yes color is very important to me)

Now 2 things left to find out :
- RAM : 512MB , 768 MB or 1GB ? (how about 1.25GB , that will be a killer)
- Internal Storage : 8GB (like the rest of the Motorola phones) or 16GB (like the Atrix)

I just hope the MileStone 3 variant won't be freaking expensive

Regarding the OS :
I rather have a custom UI on top of it than a pure vanilla
but thats just me

* HML : I kinda forgot the real name , its like the one in the EVO 3D & the SGS II , but im too tired to google it

Last edited:

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
This actually makes me vert happy, I live in an area that isnt going to get 4G anytime soon and I have wifi @ home and @ the firehouse and 3G everywhere else I go, I've always been a big fan of physical keyboards so this just may be my next phone to replace my D2

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Its all but certain the Droid 3 will only be 3G. At VZW, we had a recent meeting with our call center director. He was showing us a slideshow of our results, performance and whatnot. Near the end, he showed a few slides of our recent and upcoming lineup, one slide for 3G phones, the other for 4G. The Droid 3 was in the 3G phone slide, the 4G slide had the Thunderbolt, Bionic, Revolution and Charge.

I can hold out faint hope that the Droid 3 may be upgradable to LTE in the future (like the current Xoom), or they'll launch a 4G version shortly afterwards. :'(

Was the Samsung Function shown? (Galaxy S2)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac