DROID DNA 2.xx S-OFF (coming soon)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
S off doesn't require a breakdown, does it?

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

parallax2

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Not in this situation thankfully. I was always afraid to try it on my Rezound because I had read it was possible to brick it if I did it wrong. This one is all software.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not in this situation thankfully. I was always afraid to try it on my Rezound because I had read it was possible to brick it if I did it wrong. This one is all software.

Sweet. Someone asked if it required the same technique as the rezound and I got terrified lmao

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
S off doesn't require a breakdown, does it?

Nope it's all software, the only time the dna would be going through a break down for s-off is if you send it out to get jtagged.

Sent with my locked up DNA :( via the Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well good thing I waited until they found a method.

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Beaups has now posted the following over at xda:

"If you are looking for something to do while waiting for s-off, go ahead and update to 2.06. The tool will be released with 2.06 support only, for the time being. Also, it wouldn't hurt to get a 32bit linux livecd or liveusb or native install ready. And familiarize yourself a little with it".

Just thought I would update this thread with the info . . . Looking forward to the release!

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! Already running 32-bit Linux Mint, and have 2.06. So now all I need is more patience awaiting the release of Moonshine.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Beaups has now posted the following over at xda:

"If you are looking for something to do while waiting for s-off, go ahead and update to 2.06. The tool will be released with 2.06 support only, for the time being. Also, it wouldn't hurt to get a 32bit linux livecd or liveusb or native install ready. And familiarize yourself a little with it".

Just thought I would update this thread with the info . . . Looking forward to the release!

Yeah thanks, I haven't had the chance to update hope he's able to port to windows.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
What is this 32 bit linux?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
What is this 32 bit linux?

It's a 32bit variant of any Linux distribution. Could be Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, or a number of others. If you are not familiar with Linux, the Ubuntu site is pretty good. You'll also find a bunch of demos and tutorials on YouTube.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
It's a 32bit variant of any Linux distribution. Could be Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, or a number of others. If you are not familiar with Linux, the Ubuntu site is pretty good. You'll also find a bunch of demos and tutorials on YouTube.

Steve

To piggyback on this Jennifer I would recommend trying the Windows installer for ubuntu. It allows you to easily install ubuntu to dual boot on your machine without worrying about doing anything a normal user isn't used to doing. I'll link you when I get to my computer.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Preciate it. I know my husband tried to install ubuntu on our laptop, but I don't know if it was successful...

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I get this option in boot up, but when I select it, I get a black screen...and it just hangs on that black screen.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370290083594.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370290083594.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 23

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Looks like an install happened because as shown by the option, but if it won't boot to Ubuntu, is likely that the installation has since been removed without the bootloader being updated.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So if I start the install all over again, do you think it will work?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It should. Worse case is you have three options in the bootloader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware