Droid DNA Cases

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Does the Body Glove work well with wireless charging?

Any case up to 3 mil thick should work. I use to have the Droid charge with the wireless backing and an outer box case. I it still charged with all that on.

Sent Via the Forms App on my DNA, Tab 10.1 or my OG Evolved(work phone).

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
What are people using for Holsters for the DNA? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger very soon and I'm not a fan of the VZW Hatch back holster.

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Does the Nillkin have contoured or tapered edges to follow the thin lines of the DNA at the edges or does it make it square and boxy like the other cases? Also would the Nillkin prevent the screen cracking if the phone was dropped?

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Does the Nillkin have contoured or tapered edges to follow the thin lines of the DNA at the edges or does it make it square and boxy like the other cases? Also would the Nillkin prevent the screen cracking if the phone was dropped?

The Nillkin case is like a Air case. Its very thin and doesn't protect the corners. It does reveal the lip of the phone top and bottom. The sides of the case have a small lip to the screen if you were to set it face down.

Sent Via the Forms App on my DNA, Tab 10.1 or my OG Evolved(work phone).

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
S Line Case... shows the rear LED notification, without needing to cut out a hole. Very thin case....

it's also dirt cheap! $2.99.

photo%282%29.JPG

photo%283%29.JPG

photo%284%29.JPG

jiwengang

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
the only thing is that it is shipped from HK/China. which means you need to wait for 2-3 weeks before you can let your toy wear the protection.

check this one out. it is shipped from US and it is smoking sexy too. and durable.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The flip cases look nice, but to me they seem like they would be so much of a pain (get in the way) when using the camera, though I have never tried one. Can anyone comment on that?

RicochetSEW

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks tg63922... I took your fine measurements and DIY'd a viewing port on my Nillkin Case (same as in thread) for the notification light on the back of my DNA. I heated up the point of a large safety pin and carefully pushed it through the case, patiently reheating it and inserting it maybe four or five times until a clean hole was made. The hole is about 1-1.25mm wide... it seems plenty wide enough to display the green notification led.

I bought the Otterbox Commuter and hated it. Like others have said, the back was way too slick and the fit on it wasn't great. The sleep button was also really hard to press. I did think that it protected the phone well. A few days after getting the Commuter I ordered the Diztronic case that a few others have suggested. Like the commuter, it doesn't have a spot for the notification light but overall I like it more. The top button is much easier to press and I think it fits the phone a lot better. It probably doesn't protect it as much, but since the back isn't nearly as slick its probably a lot less likely that I'll drop it. I didn't have any issue with the existing screen protector unlike someone else who commented with an issue.

If you are looking to drill a hole for the notification light, here are the measurements I took off my phone. I'm confident in them, but of course you should check my work.

Center of notification light to outside of red ring:
http://i.imgur.com/JaA2H.jpg

Center of notification light to center of camera lens:
http://i.imgur.com/6AoyX.jpg

Also, does anyone else have this issue? I had it on both the cases: the speaker grille isn't centered within the cutout.
http://i.imgur.com/gkNA6.jpg

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Otterbox Defender with the holster when i got the phone. The VZW store was out of stock so it should be on Wednesday or Thursday. I'll let you know how it is.

I wish Seidio would get their stuff going already. ;)