droid dna third party sms apps will not send mms

cory89

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a droid dna but it is not verizon. I am with a local carrier called chat mobility that services Southwest Iowa. They did however in the last year partner with Verizon to use their towers nationwide for a 4g network.

I have tried Go sms, Textra, Handcent, Chomp, hangouts, and a few other sms apps. Only Go sms will send a mms message. I used Go sms for 9 months but I want to switch to another sms app. I have never been able to get any other app to work on this phone past standard sms use. When you try to send a pic the wheel just spins and spins and spins. Textra actually goes so far as to give me an error message within 3 seconds that says "cannot configure mms settings automatically" "click here to set mms setting". Data is turned on and the stock messaging app works great. The stock app will send a pic in less than 5 seconds. So I called my carrier 3 times and each time when I ask for the apn settings they play dumb. They don't know what I am referring to and one time the tech told me that if it is a third party app they cannot help me and I should uninstall it from my phone. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue?

Why will Go sms work out of the box but none of the other apps will? And why will the stock app work so well?

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same issue and after wasting a month trying to figure it out and loading all the 3rd party clients, changing settings, etc. I finally did a reset, wiped everything and it's worked perfectly since. As long as your contacts and appointments are backed up I didn't think reinstalling apps and settings were that big a deal. Actually gave me a chance to do some housecleaning.

cory89

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same issue and after wasting a month trying to figure it out and loading all the 3rd party clients, changing settings, etc. I finally did a reset, wiped everything and it's worked perfectly since. As long as your contacts and appointments are backed up I didn't think reinstalling apps and settings were that big a deal. Actually gave me a chance to do some housecleaning.

That's interesting. I had to wipe everything once last fall for a reason I can't remember. I may toy with this a little.

markdoc

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem even with Go SMS. I found two ways around the problem. First, I could send and receive MMS with the "Message" app that came with the phone. That worked most of the time. What worked 100% of the time was not to use Wifi. Only use 3G or 4G to send and receive MMS. I use wifi 95% of the time. When you get a MMS while Wifi is on, go to the "Message" app and you'll see the MMS with "Download" in the message. Tap download and Viol? you can see the picture in any app now that "Message" downloaded it.